After Cheerios ran a commercial depicting an interracial family eating breakfast, a racist shitstorm erupted because…interracial families exist and eat breakfast? I’m not sure actually. But Cheerios had to disable the comments on the youtube page before it could get any worse. In response to this racist backlash, a husband-wife duo created the Tumblr We Are The 15 Percent. Simply put - it responds to the racist commenters - we exist.
3. The Tumblr is a crowd sourced collection of portraits of interracial families and interracial marriages.
From the Tumblr’s description:
We’ve created this site to publicly reflect the changing face of the American family. According to the 2008 census, 15% of new marriages are interracial. And yet, it still feels rare to see something like the Cheerios ad represented in mainstream culture.
- We cannot go back: Tribal leaders say they will fight Trump's revival of the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- A national park deleted its tweets about climate change after Trump silenced some US environmental agencies 👀