1. You can read books in the bath.
Ever try to read your Kindle or Nook in the tub? Well don’t. It’s terrifying. If you drop that thing it’ll be gone forever. Not to mention it fogs up from the steam. Accidentally drop your book in your bubbles? Blow dry it after! Good as new. Nothing to fear here, literature lovers.
2. No need to turn off your book on a plane!
We all fear that moment when the pilot asks us to kindly turn off all of our devices, don’t we? Of course you would only need to turn off your e-reader for a few minutes, but what if that’s the most tantalizing part of the book? Books don’t need to be put away ever. Read on, book buddy!
3. You can read in the sun.
Heading to the beach for the day? Taking a tropical vacation or floating in the pool? Your book can come with you! The majority of e-readers can’t be used in direct sunlight. The screen goes dark and suddenly your stranded with a book you can’t read. Regular old school books will never disappoint you like that.
4. They fill your shelves.
Hellllooo! Bookcases! I suppose you could fill your shelves with various e-readers (there are so many different kinds), but how pretty would that look? There’s nothing quite like finding the perfect space for your latest book purchase, am I right?
5. Antique books are amazing.
There will never be a first edition of an e-book. Simple as that. How amazing is it to find an original classic to add to your collection? The covers are always a little beaten up and that’s what makes them perfect. There’s nothing quite like holding a classic novel.
6. You can’t get an e-book signed.
Unless you plan on collecting signatures on your Kindle, you’re not going to any book signings with your e-reader anytime soon. Autographed books make thoughtful and personal gifts. Authors are flattered to sign hard copies of their publications, but they can’t physically sign an e-book…
8. Finishing a long book is more rewarding this way.
Of course finishing any book is rewarding, but closing the back cover of a thousand-page book (like Game of Thrones) feels SO much better than flicking your finger across a screen and discovering you’ve reached the end.
9. They inspire tattoos!
When was the last time you saw someone with a Nook tattooed on them? Exactly. You haven’t. Because books are cooler.
- President Obama commuted the federal sentences of 111 prisoners, nearing a total of 700 over the course of his presidency.
- BuzzFeed News exposes a secretive legal system that allows corporations to intimidate entire countries with one threat.
- Facebook has a fake news problem. Phony content is still everywhere despite the network's promise to block it 📰👀