According to the “Deutsche Bauernkalender” (translation: German farm calendar) website, the theme for the 2013 installment was “Back To Nature.” The site also notes that the models in the calendar, all girls who work on farms, “show up as naturally as they really are” — which I assume means little makeup or retouching is going into these photos.
The calendar feels unique (there is also a Swiss version) in that it celebrates women at work, without excessively dolling them up and and retouching them to oblivion. Famous calendars from companies like Pirelli and RyanAir also get their name out to the public with calendars of hot, scantily clad babes — but those models aren’t necessarily making those companies’ tires or the airplanes. Calendars of people “at work” tend to be of men — like the annual FDNY one, which is full of shirtless firefighters on the job.
Of course none of these calendars are really natural at all (you wouldn’t farm with your shirt tied to reveal your white lace bra), and they often feel awkward, objectifying, and overly staged. With regards to objectification, though, Deutsche Bauernkalender makes a male version too.
But anyway, as these things go, it’s pretty cool that these ladies got to pose with their chainsaws.
2. Model Marianne checking out the view.
3. Showing off a bucket of water.
4. Getting her top fixed.
5. Model Barbara posing with a chainsaw.
6. And posing with a tree.
7. Model Fina posing in a stream with a pushcart.
8. Checking out her photos.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯