1. There’s one of these signs in every subway station in New York City.
2. If you pay attention, you’ll see that the conductors point at them at every stop.
3. Here’s why:
TL;DR version: It’s to make sure the conductor is paying attention and that the train is stopped at the right place.
4. So what happens when you do this?
5. The result is pretty great.
- Former British prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- President Barack Obama declared a major disaster in West Virginia after at least 23 people were killed in flash floods.