1. Residents of Ibi, Spain, take part in an annual Dec. 28 flour fight as part of the Els Enfarinats festival.
2. On the morning of Dec. 28, a group of married men called “Les Enfarinats” take control of the town. There’s a race for mayor of the day and everything.
3. The group imposes a bunch of absurd laws.
4. Anyone who breaks the rules gets “fined.”
5. Another group, La Oposicio, tries to restore order.
7. In the meantime, everyone throws flour on each other.
8. And eggs.
11. At 5 p.m., the Els Enfarinats lose their rule.
13. The collected “fines” are donated to local charities.
- In the last week, federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸