1. Residents of Ibi, Spain, take part in an annual Dec. 28 flour fight as part of the Els Enfarinats festival.
2. On the morning of Dec. 28, a group of married men called “Les Enfarinats” take control of the town. There’s a race for mayor of the day and everything.
3. The group imposes a bunch of absurd laws.
4. Anyone who breaks the rules gets “fined.”
5. Another group, La Oposicio, tries to restore order.
7. In the meantime, everyone throws flour on each other.
8. And eggs.
11. At 5 p.m., the Els Enfarinats lose their rule.
13. The collected “fines” are donated to local charities.
- An armed militant group is urging its members to patrol polling stations on election day, a move the group's leaders say is aimed at preventing voter fraud.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- And here's everything you need to know about Apple's fall Mac event📱 🍎