1. New Year’s Eve is a few days out, which means it’s time to assemble the Times Square ball.
2. The ball is covered in 288 of these crystals.
They’re called New Waterford Crystals.
3. Here’s Kari Clark, wife of the late longtime New Year’s Eve host Dick Clark.
She was on hand to help put the new crystals on the ball.
4. The triangle-shaped crystals are screwed in together into bigger triangles. SPARKLY.
5. Then workers put them onto the ball.
6. Wires are hidden inside.
7. And then it gets hoisted up.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀