1. New Year’s Eve is a few days out, which means it’s time to assemble the Times Square ball.
2. The ball is covered in 288 of these crystals.
They’re called New Waterford Crystals.
3. Here’s Kari Clark, wife of the late longtime New Year’s Eve host Dick Clark.
She was on hand to help put the new crystals on the ball.
4. The triangle-shaped crystals are screwed in together into bigger triangles. SPARKLY.
5. Then workers put them onto the ball.
6. Wires are hidden inside.
7. And then it gets hoisted up.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.