1. New Year’s Eve is a few days out, which means it’s time to assemble the Times Square ball.
2. The ball is covered in 288 of these crystals.
They’re called New Waterford Crystals.
3. Here’s Kari Clark, wife of the late longtime New Year’s Eve host Dick Clark.
She was on hand to help put the new crystals on the ball.
4. The triangle-shaped crystals are screwed in together into bigger triangles. SPARKLY.
5. Then workers put them onto the ball.
6. Wires are hidden inside.
7. And then it gets hoisted up.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.