4. People will get drunk more quickly than they realize (100% chance).
British scientists found that drinking at a bar or friend’s house isn’t the same as drinking at work. When you’re in a place you don’t normally associate with drinking, they found, you act more drunk.
One of the researchers explained to The Daily Mail: “When you drink in the pub, we generally have experience of that and have learned to build tolerance. As you don’t normally drink alcohol at work, you haven’t had the chance to build this tolerance.”
6. An extramarital affair will begin (59.8% to 72.2% chance).
According to a survey from Ashley Madison (the “dating” site for married people who want to cheat), 72.2% of women and 59.8% of men who have cheated on their spouses with a coworker say it started at the office holiday party.
7. The party will take place at lunch (43% chance).
Only a third of parties will take place in the evening, while 43% will be lunch affairs. The remaining quarter of festivities will then take place at other times — like on a weekend or, if your company’s particularly awkward, in the morning.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋