5. It’s generally just not good to be a woman in the 21st century.
A 2009 study by economists called “The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness” found that women today are less happy than women 40 years ago. They cite the decline of two parent households, the burden of housework many women take on after getting home from daytime jobs, and financial expectations.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.