2. Marcus Samuelsson’s YES, CHEF
If tracing an Ethiopian-born,Swedish-raised chef’s path through the White House state room and into Harlem doesn’t sound interesting to you, may I ask you to look at a picture of Marcus Samuelsson? He’s good looking and an even better chef (and also on Top Chef Masters!).
4. Melanie Dunea’s MY LAST SUPPER
In what sounds like a terribly morbid premise but turns out to be an addicting read, Dunea asks famous chefs what their very last meal would be, and they answer, accompanied by portraits. Dunea’s book was the inspiration for one of the final elimination challenges is season 5. (Plus, there’s a nude Tony Bourdain, and Wylie Dufresne lounging surrounded by piles of American cheese, if you’re into that.)
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.