1. They’re a liberal bunch.
2. They make sex a priority.
3. They’re really hot.
Danes cycle everywhere, dress well, and have ridiculously high cheekbones. Just look at Helena Christensen and Mads Mikkelsen. It's no wonder they all want to have sex with each other.
4. Danes are totally cool with public nudity.
5. Oh, and "adult nights" in public swimming pools are a thing in Denmark.
6. They do lots of "research".
7. Danes aren’t afraid to experiment.
8. Viking sperm is in demand.
9. Kids get "Sex Week" at school.
10. They get a lot of encouragement from the council.
11. And the church.
12. And childcare organisations.
13. Even travel companies.
14. They drink a lot and are attractively lit at all times.
15. They’re the happiest nation on earth.
16. They’ve got time to practice.
For more things Danes do differently plus how we can all get happy, Scandinavian style, Helen Russell's new book, "The Year of Living Danishly" is out now, published by Icon. She tweets @MsHelenRussell