Today was one of those days where I woke up with a ridiculous song stuck in my head and I cant get it out. That song is the chorus to” When the saints go marching in”, a song that I never hear and doesn’t have any meaning to me whatsoever. It’s driving me crazy and I have tried everything to get it out and it just seems to be getting louder.
The first thing I did was grab my IPod and listen to songs that I like hoping that it would drown it out, that didn’t work. The next thing I did was to give in and listen to the actual song hoping this would get it out of my system, all this did was get the first and second verse stuck in my head too. My next step was to text my sister hoping that this would then transfer the song out of my head and into hers so that she can go crazy with it ( I love my sister but getting this song out of my head definitely trumps making my sister happy) but my phone stopped working so now I’m stuck.
I recently brought this subject up with a bunch of friends to see if they, like me, had specific songs get stuck in their head every now and then. It was really funny to see how people get the most random songs stuck for no reason. The worst, in my opinion, are Christmas songs. These songs are powerful. Malls and restaurants and mothers start playing these songs in November, and in the beginning they are great. The songs are happy and remind us of all the Christmases past. There are classic Christmas songs, new versions of classics and instrumental versions all to get you in the festive mood. .By the second week of November you have had it, you dread going to the mall for fear that every store you go into will be playing a different song and eventually in your head will be a mash-up of 16 different songs that will be on repeat. Once you get through the Christmas season you feel you are home free, until that random day in July where you find yourself humming “We wish you a merry Christmas” and then its back to square one.
I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if a good song was stuck in my head, one that I know all the words to or one that made me happy. I know that eventually this song will slowly stop playing and my frustration will disappear and I will go back to normal, but until then the sudden urge to march around the house with a pretend high school marching band behind me has taken over and I have no choice but to let it happen.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer dodged multiple questions at today's White House briefing on Donald Trump's false claim that millions of illegal immigrants voted in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.