16. Fred Armisen as Barack Obama
Armisen portrayed Obama from his time as a Senator through the first term of his Presidency.
14. Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton
It was only fitting that Tina Fey’s BFF join her for her most iconic SNL moment - but more on that later, of course.
13. Dana Carvey as George H. W. Bush
Carvey’s impression was so renowned he was joined by the President himself when hosting SNL for the first time in 1994.
12. Jason Sudeikis as Joe Biden
Jason Sudeikis has played VP Joe Biden consistently since the 2008 election up to leaving SNL this season.
10. Darrell Hammond as Al Gore
Hammond, a prolific creator of political impressions for SNL, is most remembered in this role for his parody of the Al Gore Medicare ‘lock box’ presidential debate.
9. Hammond has also played Senator John McCain…
8. And Vice President Dick Cheney.
6. Dan Aykroyd as Jimmy Carter
Ackroyd played President Carter on 27 different occasions between the years 1976 and 1979. After his Presidency, Carter has been played by four different SNL cast members.
4. Chevy Chase as Gerald Ford
Chevy Chase was the first to impersonate a President for SNL. His version of Gerald Ford appeared in almost every episode of the first season, with the running joke that Ford was just not very bright. The clip below shows a Christmas with Ford at the White House.
1. Will Ferrell as George W. Bush
In his appearances on SNL, Will Ferrell brought us the ‘strategery’ of President George W. Bush as he tackled important issues like the Axis of Evil, Global Warming, and frisbee golf with Condoleeza Rice.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information like browsing history 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.