We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bag of powdered cheddar, because if you're like me the moment anything bad happens (big or small) in my day I just want to curl up with a classic "boxed" mac 'n' cheese and de-stress. Perhaps not the healthiest coping mechanism, but it's mine.
Other reviewers like it in their potatoes, bread, and scrambled eggs.
Promising review: "My 6-year-old son is super picky with his mac 'n' cheese (as in, would only eat Kraft) so when he had to go gluten free it was one of the things he missed the most. We tried all of the prepackaged gluten-free ones and he hated them. We found that he liked Barilla-brand gluten-free elbow pasta so I needed to find a gluten-free cheese to go with with it. This was a hit! I mixed it with a little milk and butter, and he ate two bowls. This is real cheese, all natural ingredients, and they suggest keeping it refrigerated. I'm glad we finally found a replacement for his mac 'n' cheese!" —Naomi A. Dejesus Howard
Get it from Amazon for $21.99.
2. A "Liquipen" for anyone who grew up with a lava lamp but knows setting one up at their desk probably isn't *ideal*. Watching the little blobs float up and down will ease your mind and give you a chance to regroup before diving back into a project.
Promising review: "I broke up the three-pack and gave one pen as a gift for a class gift exchange and put the other two in stockings for Christmas. Good quality and approved by both the 8-year-old and 49-year-old husband who is a kid at heart! Definitely recommend." —Kindle Customer
Get a set of three from Amazon for $21.99.
3. A set of Monkey Noodles that stretch up to 8 feet (!?!??) and will provide anyone with a non-disruptive way to scratch their fidgety itch. Perfect for anyone looking to relieve some pent up anxiety without leaving their desk.
4. Crayola Globbles, a fun lil' gadget you can use to burn off some steam in between meetings or when you just need a quick mental break. Don't worry, they won't leave residue on your walls.
Promising review: "I waited over two months to write my review! My daughter is four and plays with these DAILY! YES they do attract dirt and hair HOWEVER they are so easy to rinse off, it's not a big deal! We took these to a family gathering and ended up giving two away because they were SO loved! The two we gave away went to a 12-year-old and my 19-year-old brother. They discovered throwing them at the ceiling fan and watching them shoot across the room which was pretty entertaining! None of these have busted or ripped and they are definitely NOT gentle with them! I will definitely be buying more!" —Kindle Customer
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $10.
5. A color-shifting mushroom light because you're a ~fun guy~ and will totally appreciate the cozy lil' cottagecore aesthetic these bring to any room.
Check out a TikTok of the mushroom nightlight in action.
Promising review: "I LOVE this night-light. It's in my bathroom and is a lovely addition. It turns off the second the lights go on, which is nice because I don't have to worry about accidentally leaving it on. Super cute and the little itty-bitty lighting element does a good job lighting, just enough so I don't have to turn the main lights on in the middle of the night." —1Thand
Get it from Amazon for $5.97.
6. Lavender soap you'll pat yourself on the back for buying after the chaos of your day has settled and you find yourself with the time to take a loooooonng, luxurious shower filled with this soothing scent.
Natural Amor is a small business that sells an array of skincare, soaps, bath salts, bombs, and more. In their own words:
"Yes, we enjoy our urban life in Metropolitan Los Angeles; but NO, we will not forget our love in nature, nor the love from our Mother Nature. We want you to feel it, too. That is the reason we create our own personal care products, starting from ALL-NATURAL handmade soap. We commit to use natural, eco-friendly ingredients with minimal (in most cases, no) artificial components. That is because we love you, we love our nature, and our nature loves US. Natural Amor ♥. Proudly made in Los Angeles, USA."
7. An activity book that has been specifically designed for the writer to destroy once they've finished it — you'll get the chance to dig deep into your past, present, and future without any pressure to commit to daily journaling.
...and the celestial design on the front is stunning, if I do say so myself.
Promising review: "This book helps you understand that it’s okay to be completely honest with yourself. The book itself was in great condition with clean pages. I can’t wait to venture more into this lil' journey with myself ♥️" —Molls
Get it from Amazon for $7,32.
8. A heated eye massager complete with five different massage modes and Bluetooth music so you can fully indulge and relax while relieving pain from eye strain and headaches.
Promising review: "I saw this product on one of Amazon’s must-have TikTok videos and I knew I had to get it. It was so worth it — even though price may seem higher compared to other sellers, this is for sure a good investment piece. The quality is top-notch, the strap that goes around your head is comfortable, and most importantly, the duration of each mode is long enough that it doesn’t interrupt your rest. I work a 12-hour night shift as a nurse and this technology has helped me get through the night easily.👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $69.99 (available in three colors).
9. A shower phone holder, because why shouldn't we be able to watch endless episodes of The Real Housewives while soaking in the tub?
Promising review: "This product is the answer to my search for a way to have music or Netflix playing while in the shower! The adhesion quality is great, and it's very easy to use. It fits my iPhone XS Max very well and is very sturdy. I would recommend this to anyone!" —Jackie Donovan
Get it from Amazon for $10.39+ (available in four colors).
10. A copy of The Big Activity Book for Anxious People, perfect for distracting your brain for a while and forcing you to change your mindset by living in the moment. Definitely a great option to have in your anxiety fighting tool kit.
Promising review: "Love this book! I suffer from anxiety and even though I have the coping skills to 'deal' with it, when it rears its head I do get set back a little bit. So I got this book thinking 'okay, it will give me something to do so I can be in the moment' but it is so much more!!! It's funny (makes me laugh out loud), creative, interesting, and reminds me that I am not the only person to feel anxiety and how horrible it can make you feel. So all I have to ask the authors is 'Can you make a book for depression?'" —Catmom
Get it from Amazon for $14.40.
11. A carbonated bubble clay mask that starts to bubble once it's applied — get one for you and each of your roomies and prepare for a fun night filled with stress-evaporating giggles (all the while banishing your blackheads).
Promising review: "Wow! I purchased this on a whim after seeing one of my favorite YouTubers try it out. I didn't expect a lot from it. I tried it out and was shocked!!! The mask was simple (and fun) to use. I wasn't sure I felt a lot happening while it was on, but it was pretty cool how the bubbles started to grow off of my face. Upon inspection after using this mask I was completely amazed. My face felt cleaner than it has in a very long time AND my pores looked amazing! I don't remember a time when I felt like my pores looked great before using this mask. I would highly recommend this mask to anyone. It's also so much cheaper than the GlamGlow ones I have been using (and didn't see near these results from)." —K. Textor
Get it from Amazon for $12.
12. A 10-motor massage mat with a lumbar area that can heat up to 140 degrees in less than eight minutes! It has three vibration intensity levels to choose from... you honestly might want to use it every single day.
13. A tabletop fireplace with removable glass so you can enjoy a freshly made s'more any time of year and zone out peacefully while watching the soothing flames dance.
You can order this with or without the sand and rocks. The only thing that you will need to purchase separately is the 2.6-oz. gel fuel cans, which you can get from Amazon. 1Man1Garage is a small business based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Promising review: "Absolutely wonderful! It’s a great little addition to our patio and we decided to use Sterno so we can roast marshmallows! We love the craftsmanship on it and think it is well made! Perfect!!!" —Andrea Lavender
14. A subscription to Book of the Month because there are few things as soothing to a bibliophile as cracking open a hardcover book. Mmm, I can smell the freshly printed pages already.
I was gifted a BOTM subscription many years ago and I've stayed loyal since! It's the only subscription service I've kept up with and gifted to multiple people. Each month your gift recipient will be permitted to choose from a selection of books (and more recently, audiobooks!), all of which are different genres. Then the book they select will be delivered to their door. Half of my beautifully color coordinated bookcase is filled with books from BOTM and I couldn't be happier!
Get three months from Book of the Month for $49.99.
15. An ice roller, which is said to help decrease under-eye puffiness, minimize fine lines, and shrink the look of pores — as well as to relieve headaches and sore muscles. Your skin will thank you.
This is my favorite thing to start my pampering with, but I also use it in the morning before I apply any makeup. All you have to do is pop the separate roller piece into your freezer and you'll be ready to de-puff in no time.
Promising review: "I use this ice roller in my esthetician treatment room after extractions, peels and/or waxing. My clients love it! It drastically reduces inflammation and swelling...thereby leaving the skin in a much healthier state than if I didn't use it. I actually prefer this to my magic globes because of the ease of rolling over the skin. Globes tend to skip/jump if the skin is not properly lubricated with a lot of product. I can apply a calming colloidal oatmeal masque (in powder form) or other setting masque and simply roll right over it. If it is too chilly for your client...simply put a damp esti wipe on the skin as a barrier. Very easy to clean and disinfect between clients." —Chris DeFelice
Get it from Amazon for $18.99 (available in nine colors).
16. A honey lavender tea complete with a comforting lil' note on the tea bag to help ease your mind as you sip and enjoy that warm cozy feeling you can only get from a fresh cup of tea.
I've been drinking Yogi tea for years and I've never been disappointed! I love that each tea bag has a motivational message on it — not a necessity, but it's the little things in life, right? The tea itself is delicious and I love sipping on this one when I'm having a particularly stressful day or want to unwind before bed.
Promising review: "This tea has a mild flavor that I enjoy very much. When I want to relax, or have trouble sleeping, I drink a cup of it and it seems to have a calming effect." —C. J. Benedict
Get it from Amazon for $15.96.
17. Or some homemade hot cocoa mix you'd think Mrs. Claus whipped up herself — it's seriously that good. One sip and you'll hear angels singing in your head and forget about your stressors for a few.
I've had a loooooot of hot chocolate in my life and nothing beats the one from Kerber's Farm, a small business in Huntington, New York. It's made with dark cocoa powder, cane sugar, and mini chocolate chips. It also is great for gifting as it comes packed in a cute lil' mason jar. I received it as a gift two years and shared it with my family — we're all in agreement it's the best hot cocoa we've ever had. Oddly enough I ended up moving close to this farm and now my family and can easily stock up for the winter. *AND* if you are local to NYC, they're opening a second location on Bleeker Street! So this hot chocolate can be yours in a New York minute 😉.
18. A set of bath bombs to toss into the tub and use to unwind after a particularly stressful day and watch your worries ~fizzle~ away.
Promising review: "I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE BATH BOMBS!!!! I think they are fun in terms of the packaging, the names, the colors and the little 'extras' mixed in the bombs. I personally feel they are just the right size and love the colors. The first time around I was concerned about the color part but no worries — doesn't stain the tub. They are very moisturizing for the long tough New York winter we are experiencing this year; my skin tends to be dry but using these bath bombs on a regular basis has helped to keep my skin nice and soft. And the number of bath bombs in the set along with the price is just right!" —Pamela
Get a set of 12 from Amazon for $26.80.
19. Or a set of energy-restoring shower steamers you can add into your nightly rinse to transform a typically quick core into a spa-like experience.
Promising review: "I kept seeing this product pop up on TikTok so I decided to buy a pack and I'm SO GLAD I DID! These smell so good and are a perfect way to relax while in the shower. I now recommend them to everyone I know!" —Merry
Get a pack of 12 from Amazon for $26.97+ (available in four scents).
20. The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook complete with 150 recipes, all using ingredients you can pick up at your beloved supermarket. Enjoy a night of unwinding with a tasty new meal.
Promising review: "For Trader Joe's lovers everywhere, this is a fantastic cookbook! It is filled with hints and tips, shopping guidelines, nicely organized recipe categories, and beautiful mouthwatering pictures. I love how the recipes are noted if they are gluten-free or vegetarian, etc. I ❤ Trader Joe's and I ❤ this cookbook!" —Love My Bookish Life
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
21. A hydrating hair mask featuring coconut oil, almond extract, and Morrocan argan oil to help repair dry or damaged locks — an excellent "treat yo self" gift if you ask me.
Promising review: "I apply this after shampooing and rake it through my hair with my fingers while my head is flipped over in the shower. My very fine, frizzy 3a/3b curls have tremendously more definition and hold, and less frizz after using. It's amazing that one product can make such a difference!" —Smaug, horder of books
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.