We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Kristin Ess Rose Gold Temporary Tint, for when your natural hair color simply won't do! It'll add exciting color to your hair without the need to seriously commit (no bleaching!). All you have to do is spray it on your wet or damp locks and enjoy your new style.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this stuff. There's no commitment and no staining the hair. It is literally a put-in-and-wash-out product. I have platinum blonde hair and there was no tint of pink left behind or anything. I love this stuff! It's gives you rose gold pink hair, so beautiful." —Lee
Get it from Amazon for $12.
2. CHI Spin N Curl, which will make you feel like you're living in the future thanks to the way its rotating barrel will curl your hair into perfection. Say "see ya" to all of your bad hair days.
Promising review: "I am in love with this gadget! I’ve always used curling irons, but this is so much better. For me, I don’t have to be as mindful of how I’m wrapping my hair in the curling iron to avoid that antiquated style of overly curled hair. I love that the heated part is completely inside the barrel, so no worries about burning my fingers. It’s very quick to heat up — under a minute. You can easily adjust the settings for heat or how long you want the hair in the barrel before it beeps. Even if the unit hasn’t beeped and you want to release your hair sooner, you just pull it out. It won’t let your hair get stuck inside. If you try to put too much inside or the hair is too tangled to start, the iron beeps and stops pulling the hair inside. I have pretty thick hair and still have been able to pull in reasonable sections of hair. I’m able to curl my entire head of thick hair in about 10 minutes." —Blondie
Get it from Amazon for $70.68+ (available in six colors).
3. A tub of Eco Style Olive Oil Gel you can count on to keep your hair beautifully in place while also adding a lovely shine (no flaking whatsoever!). What more could you ask for?
Promising review: "I finally understand why this gel is very popular. Most edge control gels do not hold down my edges, but when I used this gel, even before putting a scarf on, my edges were down. My edges laid down so well that sometimes I didn't even bother with the scarf. At the end of the day, my edges are not the way they looked in the morning, but they aren't looking wild like they do without the gel. I originally bought this gel for my wash and go styles, but have yet to come around to it. This gel does not leave white flakes or make my hair hard when I use. My friend with 4c hair even used a little bit for her edges and it worked better than the $20 jar of something else that she bought" —cheeech
Get it from Amazon for $4.50.
4. A Dyson Corrale straightener that'll make you never want to use another brand's again — it can be used for 30 minutes without a cord, has flexible plates, and chimes to let you know when it's done heating up.
I actually own one of these bad boys and was blown away by how high-tech it is. It even has an airplane mode! Which brings me to my only piece of advice — do not accidentally pull the airplane mode tab fully out of the straightener when you try to set it up. Because I accidentally did and my husband had to use pliers to put it back in properly. Aside from that, this gadget was incredible to use hands-free. I have wavy-curly hair and had straightened in it about 10 minutes (even after having it in a bun the entire day and night prior!).
Promising review: "I am 38 years old and I've finally found the one! By the one I mean the ONLY hair straightener in the world that delivers salon quality results at home. For the first time in my life, I can stop going to the salon once a week to get my hair done, and actually make it look amazing by myself. Hats off to the whole Dyson team for inventing this hair tool, I'm a guaranteed lifer. This is also the first time in my life any product has impressed me so much that I took the time to do a review, I'm just so excited to finally be able to my hair at home and have it look absolutely professional. Thank you Dyson!" —MaggieMo82
Get it from Best Buy for $499.99.
5. A Wet Brush that'll glide through even the knottiest of hair, look cute on your bathroom counter, and features a biodegradable plant starch handle that'll eventually breakdown in landfills (amazing).
I have one of these beauties in light pink and couldn't be happier with it! It's super cool that it's eco-friendly and really does make my hair feel healthier since I'm never tugging through tangles and knots.
Promising review: "I love that this brush is made with sustainable materials and biodegradable in five years. It brushes my hair without pulling my hair out and massages my scalp. I highly recommend you get one for yourself!" —Christina
Get it from Amazon for $6.05+ (available in 12 styles).
6. A Bestool detangler brush that was made specifically to help those with ultra curly hair freshen up their 'do on the daily.
Promising review: "This brush works wonders on my 4c hair. I also bought it to use on my biracial granddaughter's hair that is extremely thick, course, and extremely curly. It is very difficult to work through her hair. You cannot just comb straight through it, so this brush has been a huge help. She can tolerate it and so can I. I'm very happy that I found it. I love the way you can brush both vertically and horizontally. It is solid." —MsLynne
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in five styles).
7. Velvet scrunchies you can use to easily upgrade your hairstyle and keep your hair from sticking to the back of your neck on warmer days.
8. A teasing comb and brush in one you can totally keep in your bag and do some damage control as needed. Get ready for some va-va-volume!
Promising review: "I love this little brush! I only just learned such a thing existed and had been using a teasing comb. This does much better with creating volume at the top of my head (I have very fine hair) without tearing my hear and frizzing it. With fine hair, it's especially important to have these gentle bristles. I highly recommend this brush for anybody wishing to create volume or height in their hair. And a very good price too!" —M. Montour
Get it from Amazon for $9.97 (available in five colors).
9. Transparent spiral hair ties to help prevent headaches, a must-have for anyone who wants to rock their Ariana Grande-like pony at all times.
Promising review: "I’m obsessed with these! I have thick curly hair so rubber bands and the ribbon elastics always dent my hair. Even when I straighten my hair, those type of hair ties also dent my hair. With these coils, my hair is secure whether it’s straight or curly. When I remove it, my hair is easily fixed back into place. These do stretch out after you use it for a while, but it is easily fixed. If you blow dry them, the heat will cause it to shrink back to its original size and it is as good as new!" —Stephanie S.
Get a pack of four from Amazon for $5.99 (available in two colors).
10. Head wraps in funky prints that'll leave you looking more fabulous than ever even on your worst hair days.
The head wraps from this Black-owned small business are 100% cotton, sturdy, and lightweight so you can wrap with ease.
Get them from Cee Cee's Closet for $15+ (available in three styles and TONS of prints).
11. A scrunchie set that'll bring a touch of Disney magic to your 'do. They'll look just as cute hanging out on your wrist on days you want to let your hair down 😉.
The Fairy Godsisters is a woman-owned small business run by two sister-in-laws (so cute) that sells Disney-inspired scrunchie sets in addition to comfortable Minnie Mouse ears that actually won't give you a headache. I have an array of products from these lovely ladies and can confirm they're fantastic. I even got a set of Disney Princess scrunchies from my Secret Santa last year!
Get them from The Fairy Godsisters on Etsy: Captain America scrunchie set for $12 (also available as individual scrunchies for $5 each) or Retro Mickey scrunchie set for $12 (also available as individual scrunchies for $5 each).
12. Twisted hair clips inspired by Gaia (the Mother Goddess of Greek mythology) who literally brought all of Earth's features to life. Name a better hair accessory, I dare you.
Fibs and Fables is a Black woman-owned small business based in Washington, DC. They sell FABULOUS hair accessories — TBH it was really hard to choose just one because look how amazing these '80s scrunchies are and this braided headband inspired by The Little Mermaid ! Anyways, each item is inspired by an iconic woman. Fun and fabulous.
Get them from Fibs and Fable for $27.
13. Batiste's dry shampoo you'll pat yourself on the back for buying when you realize you can do your hair and keep it lookin' fab for days. Ugh, dry shampoo really should be praised as one of the wonders of the world.
The real MVP of a bad hair day? Batiste dry shampoo. If you're running late and your day-old hair seems somewhat salvageable, don't fight it. Spray some of this miracle product to refresh your hair and get going!
Promising review: "I absolutely love this product! I have dark hair and all other dry shampoos leave me looking like a grandma. This one actually controls my super-greasy hair. I usually have a lot of trouble with the bangs, but this one works perfectly." —Hannah
Get it from Amazon for $9.38.
14. Pearl velvet headbands for a fancy addition to your typically messy hair. You'll thank me later.
One of my coworkers purchased this four-pack and was kind enough to share with the rest of us! I love how easy this headband makes it to make a fashion statement without taking up too much time in the morning — and I was able to wear it all day without getting a headache!
Promising review: "I live in headbands as a stay-at-home mom with two small kiddos. They make your messy bun actually look like you're decent-looking and like you got yourself together 😂 definitely a great pack for cheap. They are made very well, great quality!" —Misty Flota
Get a set of four from Amazon for $9.99.
15. Big Sexy Hair volumizing texture powder to help you add a little ~umph~ to your locks when, despite all your best efforts, they're looking a bit flat.
Promising review: "I've always had thick hair and a lot of volume, but since I moved to Miami my hair keeps going down, thanks to the weather and humidity. I decided to try this product, and really, this is amazing. The bottle is small, but you only need a little bit to add volume to your hair, I even put too much (and still it was so small that I thought it wouldn’t be enough) that I had to wash my hair to take it off because my hair was TOO thick and too voluminous !! I’m amazed." —Camille De Armas
16. Clip-in hair extensions that'll give you the luscious locks you've always dreamed of with minimal effort.
These hair extensions are heat-resistant up to 300-ish degrees, so you can blow dry, straighten, and curl them with the rest of your hair.
Promising review: "I can't believe all the money I spent on natural hair extensions until I got these. OMG I'm so amazed by how natural they look. They are super voluminous and soft. I bought two since my hair is really short and I like to use a huge amount of hair, but even with one you can rock lots of hairstyles. Thank you so much for this product! In the picture I'm wearing only one and you can tell how good they are." —JE
Get them from Amazon for $9.99 (available in five lengths and 49 styles).
17. Attachable hair extensions for a fabulous natural hair updo you never thought you'd be able to pull off due to your hair being so short. The sky is the limit, my friends.
18. Curls Blueberry Control Jelly for 2a–4c hair — it has a gentle formula that'll have your curls poppin' up like tulips on the first warm day of the season.
This hair gel is also free from artificial oils, colors, fragrances, parabens, silicones, and sulfates. Curls is a woman-owned business founded by Mahisha Dellinger. They're known for their natural hair products, including curl treatments, soothing masks, and leave-in conditioners, that are loved by many celebrities worldwide, including Alicia Keys, Halle Berry, and Nia Long.
Promising review: "The best product I have *ever* used on my fine, curly hair! It defines all the curls without weighing them down and smells amazing. It also lasts for a few days, which is always a plus for curly hair." —Monica
Get it from Amazon for $16.63.
19. Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver for anyone who has always craved beachy waves a la Ginger Spice in the '90s but never had the patience to try and actually pull 'em off. Now is your time to shine!
Promising review: "Okay, I love this thing so much. My hair is down to my chest and I love to curl it, but have zero patience to do so. This is very easy to use and makes my hair look great, as well as cuts curling time in half. I've already had two friends ask me what I used to curl my hair and one ordered it for herself and I gifted one to my other friend." —Marianne R. Brown
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in two colors).
20. A silicone-free L’Oreal lamellar treatment you better BELIEVE will add serious shine into your hair. Dullness? Never again! Only bouncy, luscious locks from here on out.
Apply this directly to wet hair avoiding the roots, massage it in for eight seconds, then rinse.
Promising review: "This is an amazing product for my curly hair that gets frizzy in the Florida heat. I have used tons of conditioners and other products that usually left my fine hair weighed down but had little effect on the frizz. I saw an immediate difference with the first use and have already ordered my second bottle so I don’t run out. Since my hair is chin-length and thin, I use less than the recommended amount. I’ve left it on overnight for deep conditioning and love the feel and texture." —Gail Stadnick
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
21. Revlon's One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer Hot Air Brush that'll remove any unnecessary stress from your morning routine.
So many of my friends have bought this brush and it was all my mom requested for Mother's Day a few years ago. It's becoming a must-have for anyone who loves a blowout but doesn't have the patience to go get one or lacks the skills to get it done nicely themselves — seriously it has over 149,000 5-star reviews on Amazon! I, OBVIOUSLY, had to get one for myself and have been using it on days I want to quickly dry my hair. It really is fantastic.
Promising review: "For background: I do not have hairstyling experience, neither have I blown dried my hair, and my hair looks like I went to the hair salon. Like many people I read the comments before buying, however after trying it, the comments honestly don’t give this product enough justice. I have curly hair and I’ve seen professional mess up when blow-drying my hair, but with this product I was shocked! I wish I took a before picture but I added one with my curly hair for comparison." —Elizabet
Get it from Amazon for $41.99+ (available in seven colors).
22. Bread Hair Oil, for anyone hoping to add some gloss to their 3a–4c curls (shout out to Australian Kakadu plum for making it possible). It'll also make hair shinier without making it feel greasy, which is #Goals.
Bread Beauty Supply is a Black woman-owned business that was founded by Maeva Heim in 2020. All of their products are made to work with curls, braids, or however you want to wear your natural hair. It's particularly great for anyone with 3a-4c hair — and the packaging is all amazing.
Get it from Bread for $24.
23. A Grace Eleyae satin-lined baseball cap you can throw on when you're in a hurry or accessorize with when you go to an actual ball game. The satin will protect your hair from drying out, frizzing up, and tangling so you can go about enjoying the beautiful sunny day without a care in the world.
Grace Eleyae is a Black woman-owned brand that came to life after the founder experienced excessive breakage due to not having protection for her hair after an eight-hour road trip.
Promising review: "Well pleased with this purchase. Well made, durable quality. I use it when working out and it doesn't leave my hair dry and frizzy, lake other hats without the satin lining. It stays in place and doesn't slip off my head while working out either." —Akilah B.
Get it from Grace Eleyae for $31.95.