What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. A set of massive bubble wands so enchanting that even the angstiest of kids won't be able to resist giving them a go.
The set also comes with instructions on how to make the BIGGEST bubbles possible! It's great for kids of all ages.
Promising review: "The wand is awesome, but even MORE awesome is that I just used regular bubble solution (way cheaper, found anywhere) and it worked just as well. Maybe better. Some people in reviews have said that you must use the packets that come with the wand, but I gave it a shot anyway with regular bubbles and it worked just fine, with no noticeable difference." —Lauri
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
2. A glow-in-the-dark fort-building kit that'll put the blanket forts you built as a kid to shame. It'll also encourage your kid's imagination to run wild.
The set comes with 53 rods and 28 spheres. It's recommended for kids 4 and up.
Promising review: "Great gift for kids of all ages. My 8-year-old loved getting this for Christmas! She played with it all day while more expensive gifts sat under the tree...LOL. We built so many different structures and most of them she did on her own. Will probably buy a second one to expand her designs and creative thinking. I recommend highly!" —awalker
Get it from Amazon for $42.95.
3. An arts and crafts library chock full of everything and anything to inspire your little one to create something fantastic and totally hang-on-the-fridge-worthy.
4. An old-school game like Battleship that'll give you an excuse to shout "I SUNK YOUR BATTLESHIP!" at your kid with delight.
5. Jenga to test their concentration and dexterity skills. Be gentle or the whole tower might come tumbling down!
6. A playhouse for your kids that looks like an actual lil' seaside shack and'll make your backyard a go-to destination for all the neighborhood rascals.
Promising review: "Purchased for my granddaughter. It was surprisingly easy to build. I was able to do everything aside from the roof by myself. She’s happily playing away." —ABW
Shipping info: Most packages will deliver within one to two days of the estimated delivery date. If you are a Red Card member you will receive free two-day shipping. Check out details on all holiday shipping information here.
Get it from Target for $299.99.
7. Pixar Uno, because why not gift them a traditional card game with a Disney twist? They'll love seeing their favorites like Nemo and Buzz Lightyear on the cards.
8. A scratch paper art set that'll take you right back to your elementary school days but also provide a fun way to keep your kiddos entertained.
10. A handmade stuffed animal with precious fairy-tale vibes unlike any other they own — each animal has a full backstory and an array of clothing to accessorize both the child and the doll with.
11. Sidewalk chalk shaped like gemstones, perfect for kids to transform a blank canvas (like your driveway) into a masterpiece worthy of its own TikTok video.
12. A portable karaoke microphone that'll transform any living room into a party from the moment you and your kiddo connect it to the app of your choosing. Ahem, that's just me clearing my throat to treat you all to my rendition of Aladdin's "A Whole New World."
Promising review: "We need something to let the kids sing without having to turn on the whole karaoke system. This works like a charm. The Bluetooth connection helps as well. You can just turn on YouTube and look for any song and they probably have a karaoke version or a sing-along they can sing to. The range is also great. We were outside and the volume can be heard nicely." —Phong Bui
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in 11 colors).
13. A durable digital camera, because they're definitely bored of being the one in front of the camera all the time. This will let them switch places with you for once and snap some cool pics of you instead.
14. A crystal-growing kit any wannabe scientist will be blown away by — I mean, look at the results! They'll have the best time ever watching their majestic crystals grow before repurposing them into a night-light.
15. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, which will turn your home into a real-life race course for Mario, Luigi, and the rest of the classic gang.
16. A Magna-Tiles set that'll surely be a big hit with any budding architect. They can use it to build all kinds of cool 3D structures, then knock 'em down and start again the next day.
17. A Radio Flyer Play and Fold Climber that won't take up much space in your garage (it folds away!) and will keep your tykes entertained for hours. You're about to impress all the other parents on your block, that's for sure.
18. A unicorn slime kit with over 23K 5-star reviews that essentially prove kids and parents alike are big fans. Glitter, foam beads, and a gloopy substance — what could go wrong?!
The kit comes with everything they'll need to make their own slime! It's recommended for kids ages 7 and up.
Promising review: "This is the best slime kit I’ve come across. I saw it last minute before my daughter’s birthday (11) and thought I’d get it as an add-on to her presents. It ended up being her favorite gift! Her brother (8) joined in and made slime with her and she still has enough to make more of all types." —Elizabeth & Rick
Get it from Amazon for $23.95.