1. On July 28, DJ and producer Kitty Cash released a new Willow Smith song titled “8.”
It’s taken from Cash’s forthcoming mixtape, Love The Free Vol. II, which drops July 29. “I’ve always been a big Kilo Kish fan, so I followed her music for a while and then learned about Kitty Cash,” Smith said, explaining the release to MTV. “I was like, ‘Wow, she’s super sick’!”
2. According to Smith, the song is inspired by her interest in numerology. “I’ve been really into numerology lately because a lot of numbers have been following me and my friends,” she told MTV.
Numerology, which is the study of numbers to determine their supposed influence on one’s future, fits in neatly with Smith’s other hippy-dippy interests in organites and planetary healing. “Take the money take the fame / All I want is truth / You talk the language, play the games / Act as if they were too,” she sings on the track.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈