1. On July 28, DJ and producer Kitty Cash released a new Willow Smith song titled “8.”
It’s taken from Cash’s forthcoming mixtape, Love The Free Vol. II, which drops July 29. “I’ve always been a big Kilo Kish fan, so I followed her music for a while and then learned about Kitty Cash,” Smith said, explaining the release to MTV. “I was like, ‘Wow, she’s super sick’!”
2. According to Smith, the song is inspired by her interest in numerology. “I’ve been really into numerology lately because a lot of numbers have been following me and my friends,” she told MTV.
Numerology, which is the study of numbers to determine their supposed influence on one’s future, fits in neatly with Smith’s other hippy-dippy interests in organites and planetary healing. “Take the money take the fame / All I want is truth / You talk the language, play the games / Act as if they were too,” she sings on the track.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- And in a powerful note on her Facebook page, tennis star Serena Williams says she won't be silent about the police killings of black men.