1. On July 28, DJ and producer Kitty Cash released a new Willow Smith song titled “8.”
It’s taken from Cash’s forthcoming mixtape, Love The Free Vol. II, which drops July 29. “I’ve always been a big Kilo Kish fan, so I followed her music for a while and then learned about Kitty Cash,” Smith said, explaining the release to MTV. “I was like, ‘Wow, she’s super sick’!”
2. According to Smith, the song is inspired by her interest in numerology. “I’ve been really into numerology lately because a lot of numbers have been following me and my friends,” she told MTV.
Numerology, which is the study of numbers to determine their supposed influence on one’s future, fits in neatly with Smith’s other hippy-dippy interests in organites and planetary healing. “Take the money take the fame / All I want is truth / You talk the language, play the games / Act as if they were too,” she sings on the track.
- Authorities removed Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀