2. And the graphics were incredible.
When FIFA ‘98 came out it was almost impossible to distinguish the players on the screen from those in real life.
3. The only thing you had to watch out for was your mate shoving you off the pool table cushion and into the pocket on Micro Machines.
6. Slopping on discount wet-look gel was the way forward.
The more the cooler really. Though if you really wanted to make a statement, look no further than streaks.
9. At home your mum might come back with a Dorling Kindersley Guide To Inline Skating from the library.
12. And if you were feeling fearless you could wind down by reading through a Goosebumps book.
13. Until the day came when finally you graduated to Point Horror.
14. Most of your friends had girlfriends that you wouldn’t know because they “met them on holiday and only saw them once a year”.
16. Playing around with your PC was the ultimate way to spend your evenings.
Why not make your mouse pointer into a space shuttle and put the trail on maximum?
17. Or just close the curtains, kick back and watch the Windows 3D Pipes Screensaver for a while.
18. An important rule was to peel off the parental advisory stickers on your Cypress Hill album in case your mum sees.
19. But what’s so grown up about ‘weeds’ anyway?
20. You didn’t have to worry about world events because when you got up early to watch the news on Ceefax you didn’t understand any of it anyway.
22. Though the ultimate goal was to have Bernard’s Watch. He never even used it properly anyway.
25. That alien playing marbles at the end of Men In Black messed with your head for days afterwards.
26. DVDs were just coming out and boasted amazing features. Scene selection, interactive menus - you name it.
27. And to make money all you had to do was set up a Tamagotchi babysitting club.
28. If you were feeling bold you could venture onto disc two of your “Now That’s What I Call Music” CD and hear scary rock music by bands like Reef and Ocean Colour Scene.
29. But mostly you enjoyed how the lyrical ingenuity of Phats was complemented by the subtle production skills of Smalls.
30. Your ISS Pro team boasted amazing players like “Robbie Fooler”, “Steve McMananan”, and “Paul Gascone”.
31. And Sunday evenings were spent listening to Dave Pearce’s Dance Anthems on your AM/FM clock radio.
32. And best of all, the one secret you kept to yourself was that floppy disc under your bed marked ‘System Files’ - who would guess it actually contained pictures of Melinda Messenger?
Follow @tweetsfrom97 for more of this sort of thing.
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- What Brexit can tell us about how the U.S. presidential election is going. Note: it's not the same thing as Trump.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.