1. You go out for a few beers and realise everyone has your Harrington jacket.
2. There are no cashpoints anywhere so you end up buying more drinks just to get over the minimum card spend.
3. Your healthy eating New Year's resolution is ruined by the Northern Quarter's seriously instagramable cakes.
4. You suspect that beards might be becoming passé.
5. Or you can't grow one at all and are tempted by a transplant.
6. Your man bun never looks quite as good as that guy's over there does.
7. You just want to window shop for shirts but there's an ironic doggy in the window.
8. After hours of searching for vintage gems, you smell very strongly of musty clothes and have to pretend it’s a cool new fragrance you’re trying out.
9. The feeling of intense, spiritual disappointment when you haven't got time for a lazy afternoon tea.
10. Realising that Lady Gaga's visit has made Afflecks Palace mainstream.
11. Not being able to choose between a flat white and a decaf soy latte.
12. Dogs that are more fashionable than you taking over Northern Quarter.
13. The bars tell you exactly how you should feel about your weekend excesses.
14. You forget about essentials like rent, food and bills when you enter Oklahoma and spend all your money on a cat cushion and a lamp shaped like Godzilla.
15. Heading to Northern Quarter on a Friday night means not getting a seat anywhere and ending up in the corner of a smoking area, squashed into someone’s armpit.
16. The bar running out of Beavertown Gamma Ray so you have to settle for a pint of Longboard instead.
17. You decide to have a meal in Lust Liquor & Burn, only to find that they’ve trendily dimmed the lights so you can’t actually see what you’re eating.
18. There's always someone with a better bicycle than you
19. If you’ve got your first Manchester gig in Northern Quarter, don’t expect anyone to care.
There are way too many new bands and gigs to keep track of.
20. Having your meal go cold because Instagram took too long to load.
21. The amazing graffiti changes so often that sometimes you don't get a photo in time.
22. Realising that vinyl shops have got wise and started charging proper prices.
Because everyone in NQ is collecting it now.