1. Making tea. Lots of it.
2. Feigning gratitude when accepting mundane tasks
3. Photocopying like no one has ever photocopied before you so you can shine bright above all the other interns at your placement
4. Accepting that photocopying and tea-making are life skills that are necessary to build your career.
5. On the other hand, you get tasks that are stratospherically above and beyond your work experience position
6. Working really hard to impress your boss and barely getting any acknowledgement for your efforts
7. Being ignored by your boss altogether and gaining no experience whatsoever
8. Resenting your new colleagues who are paid to be there
9. Working late nights in a bar on top of your nine-to-five unpaid internship in order to make rent
10. Drinking more coffee than anyone should have to get you out of bed in the morning after your late night shift because you only had four full hours of sleep
11. Helping with the preparation for their massive event on Friday night to which you are not invited
12. Sitting in meetings while other people try to work out if you’re a valid member of the team or “just a workie”
13. Getting some kind of Stockholm Syndrome at your placement because you were the person they chose to show up for free over everyone else
14. Generally feeling undervalued and un-respected
15. Feeling glad when you’ve completed your final day at one placement only to start another unpaid internship the following week
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!