26 Things That TV Shows Lied To Us About, Because They Never Happen In Real Life
What's with all the gigantic breakfasts?!
We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the things they always see in TV shows, but barely see in real life, and they didn't disappoint. Here's what they said!
1. Adult friend groups are constantly hanging out, despite having very different lives and careers.
2. Highschoolers who don't seem at all bothered about their education always get into the top universities.
3. Anyone with a badass reputation has a penchant for dry-swallowing pills.
4. When a highly strung bride's wedding plans get totally messed up, she ends up being fine with it.
5. Couples just roll over and cuddle after sex, with absolutley no clean up.
6. Every member of the family seems to have time to tuck into an elaborate breakfast on a weekday.
7. Couples make out first thing in the morning, without a second thought of morning breath.
8. Babies are seen, but never heard.
9. People will order a beer at a bar without ever specifying which kind of beer.
10. Kids decide to solve their town's crimes, and almost always catch the local serial killer.
11. And families with self-confessed money troubles still manage to live pretty lavish lifestyles.
12. People drink copious amounts of alchohol throughout the day but never actually seem drunk...
13. ...Or when they do have a few too many they have hallucinations, which totally doesn't happen when you drink alcohol.
14. No matter how busy the location, the perfect parking spots are always available.
15. People constantly barge into their friend's houses unannounced.
16. And really poor phone etiquette is just accepted.
17. The same goes for people having "secret" conversations that are definitely within earshot of everyone else.
18. When someone gets sick, everyone they know shows up at the hospital.
19. And it's totally acceptable to go to a restaurant, but leave long before the end of the meal.
20. Kids constantly give their parents attitude with zero consequences.
21. And everyone wears shoes in the house!
22. Teachers seem to have loads of free time, which they spend hanging out in the staff room.
23. While frustrated workers aren't afraid of spontaneously quitting their jobs with absolutely no back-up plan.
24. The moment someone's water is breaking is always super monumental and dramatic...
25. ...But the actual childbirth is often as fast as it is bloodless.
26. And finally, the lights in the house are always on, all the time.
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.