BuzzFeed Mexico travelled to Charcas, San Luis Potosí to attend the biggest party of 2016: a quinceañera party that went out of control, fed by TV, brands, and even politicians.
1. We traveled from CDMX to Charcas, San Luis Potosí and got to the party that stirred the wildest passions in the country since "NO ERA PENAL." Of course the trip was NEVERENDING.
2. The first thing we saw when we arrived was an ENORMOUS plot of land with two large stages far away in the background and a large line of food stands.
3. Right in the middle there was a golden circular space with little paper bands of white and red.
4. As the evening went by, the event got crowded.
5. And along with the people, we also got the BANDA INVASION.
6. And it was fucking awesome because then we had ourselves a BANDA BATTLE.
7. And people started ripping up the dance floor with their best dance moves.
8. Attendees from other states arrived in large groups and showed signs with the names of their respective cities.
9. A scary tidbit: There were only seven toilets available for the whole event.
10. As for the dress code, some opted for classic.
11. Others went for a teenage superhero look.
12. And others opted for the Vicente Fernández look.
13. The Charcas sky was filled with drones and people waved each time one hovered near them.
14. Until tragedy struck and one of those drones got stuck in a wire and went to device heaven. 😢
15. But let's forget the sad things and let's talk about the important things: THE FOOD.
16. Rubí's quinceañera was a paradise for foodies.
17. But the undeniable winner was this work of art:
18. If you didn't have one of those, you didn't attend Rubí's quinceañera.
19. And...we met the most important guest at the party!
20. But let's talk about Rubí. The first time we saw her was when she danced with La Banda Jerez.
21. After that, mayor "Layín" came out to give the quinceañera a car as a gift.
22. And then we saw her on the main stage doing an awesome job with her chambelanes and some creepy creature who may or may not be a member of Daft Punk.
23. And in the weirdest moment of the evening, Lady Wuu congratulated the quinceañera and treated us, once more, to one of her phrases which are getting less and less funny by the hour.
24. And then there was another dance show.
25. And the party ended with Don Cresencio and Rubí thanking everyone for attending and toasting for many more birthdays to come.
26. When the sun went down, the family atmosphere ended too. Pets and children gave way to a lot of drunk people, lit only by police lights.
We decided it was time to go. Due to the lack of service and Wi-Fi, there was no way to communicate with anyone, and things were getting a little out of hand.
What a party, Rubí. Thanks for the invite.
This post was translated from Spanish.