19 Problem-Solving Products For Anyone With Paper-Thin Walls
Because leaving your neighbors passive-aggressive notes is just not the solution.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An under-door stopper designed to reduce drafts, light, smells, and most importantly, *noise*, from sneaking its way into your bedroom.
2. And a roll of adhesive weather stripping if you wanna sound-proof the remaining three sides of your doorframe, too.
3. A teeny-tiny sound machine that packs a loud punch. This thing is equipped with 20 natural, soothing sounds perfect for drowning out your roommates' nightly political musings.
4. Or, a white noise machine that's great for privacy, too — it'll muffle sounds coming from your room (like Zoom calls, FaceTimes with mom, obnoxiously singing your fav songs from eighth grade, what have you).
6. Mack's silicone ear plugs that are soft AND moldable, which means you can get that perfect, noise-sealing fit without feeling like there's a bug crawling in your ear. 🦟👂
7. A pair of AirPods Pro equipped with noise-cancellation, so you can WFH or study to the sounds that YOU prefer (rather than your neighbor who's auditioned for American Idol three times).
8. Some sound-absorbing foam panels that'll basically transform your bedroom into a recording studio.
9. A pack of cupboard bumpers because your roommates *love* to slam the kitchen cabinets as they fix their "midnight snack" at 3 a.m.
10. And some felt furniture pads, since your other roommate is "learning interior design" and likes to spend their weekends rearranging the living room at the crack of dawn.
11. Noise-reducing curtains that'll mitigate the sound of sirens and beeping horns *in addition* to blocking out the sun. A true two-for-one deal.
12. A plush area rug to add some extra padding to your floors. That dog in the apartment below you is so dang cute, but its constant barking? Not so much.
13. Insulating paint additive designed to maintain temperatures in your home and conserve energy. BUT, it has a side effect: it'll make your rooms quieter, too.
14. A thick yoga mat because your neighbors share those same thin walls with you! This'll help absorb the sound (and impact!) of all those squat jumps and burpees you've been doing lately.
15. A Bluetooth sleep mask with noise cancellation so you can fall asleep to your fav podcasts or playlists without having to worry about earbuds falling out. No matter what sounds your home will be graced with tonight, rest assured — you ain't gonna hear 'em.
16. A tube of door grease so that, no matter what time your roomies come home, the obnoxious sound of your 80-year-old apartment door creaking open will no longer wake you.
17. A quiet pet ID because you've had it with the jingle-jangle of your pup's lil' collar running around your home while you're trying to sleep.
18. A set of silicone kitchen tools that'll be wayyyy quieter when your S.O. is making mac 'n' cheese with a wooden spoon and is essentially just playing the drums.
19. And, a privacy sign so your roommates always know when you're home and when you aren't. These are meant for more ~professional~ settings but, sadly, this is what things have come to.
Reviews have been edited for length/clarity.