2. Eat empanadas
Empanadas are God’s golden gifts to the world. They’re basically pockets of crispy dough filled with meat, cheese or veggies, and you’ll probably cry the first time you eat one.
You can make happiness.
3. Go to a mind-blowing drum show
La Bomba Tiempo is a Brazilian percussion group that performs every Monday night at a cultural center called Konex. These guys make red jump suits look badass.
…and then drink some coffee
Welcome to cappuccino heaven, where bad coffee doesn’t exist.
…with some medialunas
Aka the best croissants you’ll ever taste.
7. Look at dogs
Dog-watching trumps people-watching in this city. If you’re not already a dog lover, Buenos Aires will make you into one.
…even stray begging ones
There’s a fair share of stray dogs here, but most retain their cuteness.
Dog walking is a serious business*
*Please note: Sidewalks become very dangerous poop minefields.
8. See Fuerza Bruta
This nationally known performance art group is a must-see in Buenos Aires. Just know that you might be hugged, slightly misted and danced with. It’s an amazing visual and interactive experience.
10. Go to an asado
Welcome to beef heaven. If you’re a meat-lover, you’ll probably cry at your first asado, where Argentines cook various types of beef on a huge grill called a parilla.
Plus it’s full of cute hipster families.
This exhibit from Lillian Porter called “Man with ax and other brief situations” features small human figures doing disproportionately large tasks.
12. Take a day trip to Tigre
Tigre is a small Buenos Aires province located on the Paraná Delta. It’s less than an hour away from the city, so it’s perfect for a quick getaway.
- At least 38 people are dead and more than 160 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.