1. Time travel movies are banned in China.
2. The actor who played Samara in The Ring also did the voice of Lilo in Lilo & Stitch.
Her name is Daveigh Chase, and she probably gave you nightmares for years after you saw The Ring...or maybe you remember her fondly as the voice of the adorable Lilo in Lilo & Stitch. Whatever you like.
3. Steven Spielberg has been thanked more often at the Oscars than God.
4. Sylvester Stallone was once so poor that he had to sell his beloved dog Butkus for $40.
5. In 1896, Alice Guy-Blaché became the first woman to direct a movie. She went on to make over 1,000 movies in her lifetime.
She wasn't just the first female director, but she also had one of the most prolific film careers ever. She made more than 1,000 cinematic works, 350 of which have survived, and 22 of those being feature films.
6. Horror movies could help you burn calories.
7. Kurt Cobain credited Quentin Tarantino on In Utero.
8. Daniel Radcliffe's stunt double in the Harry Potter films suffered an accident while filming a scene and was left paralyzed.
9. Danny Trejo once shut down director Robert Rodríguez by telling him, "Machete don't text."
10. Nobody really knows how many toes Yoda has.
11. The man who inspired Tom Hanks's character in The Terminal lived in an airport for 18 years.
12. Seats in movie theaters have only had cup holders since the '80s.
13. James Cameron gave up on his job as a truck driver after seeing Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
14. There was a budget set aside for buying cocaine while filming night scenes in The Blues Brothers.
15. Pulp Fiction, Jurassic Park, Forrest Gump, and The Shawshank Redemption all opened on the same weekend.
For one weekend in 1994, nobody left the movie theater.
16. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl has the most mistakes of any movie since 2000.
17. Christian Bale's character in American Psycho was inspired by Tom Cruise.
18. The youngest person to win an academy award for directing is Damien Chazelle for La La Land.
This post was translated from Spanish.