1. When someone waves at you from a distance, but you have no idea who they are, or if they're even really waving at you.
2. When you can't find your glasses, so you start blindly grasping at everything around you.
3. When your contact lens is so dry that you fear you might just go crazy.
4. When you see a hipster/loser wearing non-prescription glasses.
5. When you go to the movies and your friends want to sit at the back of the theater because "you can see better."
6. When you're watching a movie where they're transforming someone to make him/her more attractive and the first thing they do is remove the glasses.
7. Or when an actor puts on his glasses in a film because he doesn't want to be recognized.
8. When everyone was copying off of each other's exams in school, but for you it was nearly impossible.
9. If you wear contact lenses, you hate going outside without sunglasses on.
10. When you leave the optician with new glasses and see the world in a whole new way.
11. When you're driving and you can't read the signs, even with your glasses on.
12. When someone borrows your glasses and shouts, "OMG, you're blind!"
13. When you see someone attractive approaching you, so you remove your glasses as quickly as possible.
14. Although with time you have gained some confidence and now know the trick to looking good with your glasses on.
15. If you are very nearsighted, you dread wearing your glasses because you know that no matter what you do, you will look horrible.
16. You know that your life may be in danger if you venture outside without your glasses on.
17. You are used to getting up in order to read the blackboard or see the screen during a presentation.
18. You know full well that there are two types of people: those who look good wearing glasses and those who don't.
19. (Without counting those who look good no matter what.)
20. And even though this "geeky look" fashion pisses you off a bit, you let it go because you profited from it without exerting the slightest effort.
This post was translated from Spanish.