Here are six ways the Government is taking action, to help you with your energy bills this winter:
• Helping you get the cheapest deal on electricity. Through the Energy Bill we are taking steps to help people get the best energy deal. This could save you as much as £158.
• Reviewing green levies. These levies add £112 to the average energy bill and we will set out plans to cut this number in the Autumn Statement. Energy bosses say they will pass this saving onto consumers.
• A £135 discount on electricity bills for the most vulnerable. A £135 discount on electricity bills is available to 2 million low income and vulnerable households thanks to our Warm Homes discount.
• Protected winter fuel payments for 12.7 million pensioners. We have protected winter fuel payments worth £200 to £300 for 12.7 million pensioners.
•Cold weather payments for over 4 million people. We have increased funding for Cold weather payments by £50 million. They are now worth £25 per payment for over 4 million people.
• New funding for energy saving improvements in homes. People can now make energy saving improvements to their homes with no upfront cost through the Green Deal.