2. BECAUSE THE ASTRONAUTS TWEET FROM SPACE
Seriously. Can you even process that tweets are being sent to us from space? Commander Chris Hadfield has been entertaining and astounding the Twitterverse with his daily tweets and photos from space. Even now that he has returned to Earth, he is continuing to keep us updated on his progress and upload some of the thousands of photos of our planet.
Follow @astro_luca and @AstroKarenN who are leaving on the Soyuz on May 28 and will be continuing to tweet from above the atmosphere.
3. BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE WHERE IT IS AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT
You can see how fast this joker moves… 5 MILES PER SECOND.
Let that sink in…
FIVE MILES PER SECOND.
It takes only 90 minutes to go around the Earth one time. Astronauts see a sunrise or a sunset every 45 minutes. Is your mind blown yet?
4. BECAUSE IT REMINDS US THE EARTH IS AMAZING
This 2 minute 30 second time lapse video will captivate you.
Things you will see:
1) Lightening from above
2) The Aurora Borealis
3) How thin the atmosphere really is
Just watch it. We’ll wait….
5. BECAUSE YOU CAN GO OUTSIDE AND WATCH IT PASS BY
When times and conditions are right, you can see the International Space Station from your house. It is the third brightest object in the sky (after the sun and moon).
NASA’s Spot the Station will actually send you an email or text few hours before the space station passes over your house. I was actually able to zoom in on my cell phone and see the shape of it
8. BECAUSE COMMANDER HADFIELD’S VIDEO COULD BE THE GREATEST VIDEO FROM SPACE OF ALL TIME
How awesome is this guy? He covered David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” and it blew everyone’s minds.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Adnan Syed, whose murder conviction was a subject of the "Serial" podcast, is getting a new trial.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.