1. A water-based instant carpet spot remover because dirt, food and drink messes, and pet accidents will *poof* disappear with a couple of sprays. If the wine stain on your living room carpet is an eyesore, let this cleaner get the job done before any friends or family stop by!
Promising review: “There are products that you love and buy again. And then there are products that you love and can’t live without. And then above that, are a few select products that you revere and hold with the highest honor. Folex is that product. I have used Folex for years and it works wonders on everything from spilt coffee, wine, and dog messes, without any chemical smells or residue. But my love for Folex grew so much deeper when I dropped a 32 ounce jar of salsa down the stairs. My husband took one look and declared that the stairs were ruined and would need to be replaced. I took a look, grabbed the Folex and said, 'We’ve got this.' If you have children, pets or are very clumsy with your canned goods, you need this bulk-size jug in your arsenal of cleaning supplies.” —Carobnty
Get it from Amazon for $11.95+ (available in two sizes and in multi-packs).
2. A wowworthy grout cleaner that'll probably make you believe in magic, because it'll remove years and years of dirt and grime from floor tiles. If you'd rather not spend an entire day scrubbing and mopping, definitely consider this heavy-duty formula for your bathroom or kitchen.
Apply it to grout lines, let it sit for 5–10 minutes, and agitate the grout with a bristled brush to lift all the nasty gunk that's been there for way too long.
Promising review: "This stuff is seriously amazing. This is the one and only product review I have ever written, just because I'm so impressed with this stuff. Getting our house ready to sell and decided I needed to finally clean our filthy kitchen grout. This just lifted the grime away, took almost no scrubbing and no elbow grease. Totally worth the twenty bucks a bottle." —James David Lambert
Get a 32-ounce bottle from Amazon for $19.95.
3. A Bissell Little Green machine so perfect for your living room that's also your pet's favorite hangout spot. It penetrates carpets, household fabrics, and upholstery to deep clean dirt and urine stains. Any couch or armchair covered in questionable spots will look almost brand new in no time.
Promising review: "Two months ago we got an 6-month-old puppy who has needed some time to get adjusted. That included more than a few accidents in our living room and on his bed. This machine has made clean up of everything so much simpler and I love that it's deep cleaning and has a nontoxic pet cleaner so that our not-so-little puppy can isn't harmed through exposure or smells. Also helpful since my teenage sons like to camp out on the couch with their friends on long weekends and our couch gets that fresh clean smell in an hour." —Kindle Customer
Get it from Amazon for $108.
4. An all-natural oven scrub for your oven that's been dirty for a long time. Pumice stone and essential oils help remove grime from oven racks and the interior glass panel of your oven door. You'll be glad that pie goo from three weeks ago is finally gone with a quick and seamless cleaning session.
Apply the scrub to dirty oven surfaces, scour each area with a metallic or scoring sponge, then wipe with a damp microfiber cloth, that's it!
Everneat is a small business based in Fairfield, Connecticut, that sells natural cleaning essentials.
Promising review: "Finally tackled the rings on our stove top with this scrub and a reusable paper towel (as I was worried about using a scourer on an easily scratched surface) and the rings came right off! These are those 'oh, crap, the pot boiled over' rings that I ignored that lead to my stove top looking a bit crusty. The oven scrub ate them right off and left my oven and stove top looking great." —Jessie Bono
Get it from Everneat on Etsy for $19.99+ (available in a glass or plastic jar).
5. The Pink Stuff cleaning paste that's popular on TikTok for a reason — it'll tackle stubborn stains on your stove, bathroom sink, kitchen tiles, and more messy surfaces at home. The before and after photos below speak for themselves and you'll be glad your bathtub isn't a gross yellow shade anymore. 😲
Promising review: "Saw this product on TikTok and wanted to try this out for myself, as I was selling my home and needed to deep clean it. I don’t know what kind of miracle paste this is but it works amazing!! It made everything I wiped down with it sparkle and even made the inside of my old stove look brand new! Has definitely become a staple in my home for cleaning!" —Kelly ODonnell
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
6. A pumice stone for the nasty rings in your toilet bowl that won't budge, even with bleach. Use one of these scouring sticks to remove mineral deposits, limescale, rust, and other stains in a few minutes.
These pumice stones can also be used to clean other surfaces, like ceramic tile, concrete, and porcelain, around your home!
Promising review: "I can’t even tell you how much I love this product. I was so embarrassed of out toilet and bathtub in our guest bathroom. Our water is so full of iron, you can’t even drink it, so it stained everything it touched. It took a little bit of elbow grease but this is the only thing I have found that will take the staining off! I will recommend to anyone I know!" —MorganeC.
Get a 2-pack from Amazon for $7.25.
7. And a fizzing toilet tablet if your throne could use an odor *and* cleaning upgrade. Drop one of these in your bowl where it'll fizz up and loosen up grime you've been trying to get rid of. Once you let it sit for 10 minutes, grab a toilet brush to wipe away any leftover streaks. Oh, and it'll leave your toilet smelling so fresh afterwards!
Pardo Naturals is a Black woman-owned business known for their natural body, hair, and home products. If you're looking for cleaners, candles, soaps, and more products that are made with chemical-free ingredients, Pardo Naturals can help you achieve a more eco-friendly living space.
BuzzFeed editor Melanie Aman swears by these fizzy toilet tablets: "For all the folks who don't enjoy cleaning the toilet — myself included — these dissolving tablets make quick work of a grimy bowl. The tablets are a little hard to dislodge from the plastic container (although that does make me feel confident that they're secure during transit and won't break; mine all arrived intact!), but once you get one out, you drop it in the toilet and let it do its thing. It'll start fizzing — just like a bath bomb — loosening any stains and streaks in 10 minutes so they come away with a light brushing. I never let the toilet get too bad (and usually it takes awhile for me to notice any buildup since there are only two people in the apartment), so I can't vouch for them if you have really set-in hard water stains or haven't cleaned the commode in six months. But if you're looking to ditch the harsh cleansers in your toilet cleaning routine, this is a great addition to your lineup."
Pre-order six tablets from Pardo Naturals for $10.50 (available in seven scents).
8. A cooktop-cleaning kit because the burned food on your stove is not fun to look at and a pain to remove, but this makes it easy! It comes with a bottle of cleaner, a cleaning pad, and a scraper that'll gently eliminate stains without causing damage.
Use this trio on a variety of smooth cooktop ranges, including ceramic, glass, halogen, and more!
Promising review: "I had tried four different cleaners before discovering this one and I wish I would have found it sooner! All of that caked-on liquid that runs out of the pans and burns into the stove top while you’re cooking?? This removes all of it. It doesn’t scratch your glass-top stove top and it leaves it looking brand new. I won’t ever buy another cleaner — this is it for me!" —Christine
Get it from Amazon for $11.28.
9. A pet hair remover to pick up all the fur hiding around your home. It'll quickly remove clumps embedded in carpets and couch cushions — just lightly sweep the stone over each surface — and turn it into a fluffy pile that could be mistaken for one of Paris Hilton's small dogs.
Promising review: "Holy cow this is magic. I have a 230 pound mastiff. I have purchased any and everything claiming to get dog hair off car carpet. I have used at least three different vacuums and attachments. Lately I have been using a microfiber towel because it had some grip. Then this piece of magic arrived. It gets every single hair no matter how embedded. There were hairs I had a hard time removing with my fingers. The Fur-Zoff pulled them right out. This has cut my hair removal time in half! Thank you for this savior of a tool." —David R.
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
10. And a squeegee broom that'll remove pet fur and human hair from indoor surfaces. Its rubber bottom picks up debris deeply trapped in your carpets, rugs, and hardwood floors. Take a look at the results below and you'll probably never go back to your vacuum.
BuzzFeed editor Emma Lord owns this squeegee broom and said: "An embarrassing confession: I do not have a pet, but I shed like nobody's business. My hair gets so ingrained in the carpet that a vacuum truly does nothing for it, so I often was just unrooting clumps of hair from the floor with my hands (sorry for the visual). I bought this broom and it immediately started pulling it up GOBS of hair. My carpet like, genuinely changed color (turns out the pink was supposed to be much pinker, whoops). Anyway, do with that semi-horrifying information what you will — you can read my full review of the pet hair broom for more deets."
Get it from Amazon for $12.98.
11. All-purpose cleaning wipes you'll use again and again on so many surfaces. Grease on the kitchen counter? Gone. Smudges on a glass cabinet? Gone. Grime on shower tiles? Gone. And, they'll leave your living space smelling like fresh grapefruit.
These wipes contain plant-based ingredients and can be used to clean many non-porous surfaces, like counters, glass, stone, tile, and wood.
Promising review: "The Method All-purpose Cleaning Wipes in Pink Grapefruit are wonderful cleaning wipes. They not only smell wonderful but clean nicely. I usually use them in the bathroom to wipe down the toilet surfaces, as well as the sink counter top. In the kitchen, I love them for the range hood, stove, and counter top. They make the room smell so good and they cut dirt and grease well. These definitely make those mundane chores just a bit more enjoyable! Another plus, they don't seem to dry out as quickly in the container as I've had others do in the past." —Amazon Customer
Get a 3-pack of 70 wipes from Amazon for $17.94.
12. Or a plant-derived all-purpose cleaning spray so you can tackle multiple messes around your home without using laureth sulfates or parabens. This formula has soap bark, coconut, and corn, which'll dissolve stubborn grease, sauce, and spills on appliances and countertops at the speed of light.
Promising review: "I just cleaned all of my floors and I can't believe how well it worked. Well worth the price, I initially bought it because I have a toddler and was fed up with all the harsh cleaners, especially since much of the time they're playing barefoot on the floors. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I plan on making this my go-to cleaner." —air217
Get a 32-ounce bottle from Amazon for $14.99 (available in three scents).
13. A dryer vent cleaning kit to suck up debris from the depths of your dryer vent. This hose is over 2.6 feet long and attaches to your vacuum, making it easy to clean hard-to-reach crevices and remove all the nasty stuff clogging up your dryer vent.
This kit comes with a vacuum hose attachment and flexible lint brush to help give your dryer vent a deep clean!
Promising review: “Okay, LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS HOSE. My dryer was like one cycle away from catching fire, and my vacuum’s skinny hose nozzle was too short to get into my dryer vent because the nozzle widens after 6 inches. So when I saw this product go on sale I bought it and it came the next day. It came in two or three pieces that fit into each other and go over the vacuum hose. It was SO SATISFYING to watch the big clumps come out of the dryer vent! I mean my dryer was nasty. Look at the pictures. I have a German shepherd and a pit bull, so our laundry is always full of nastiness. Well, this little hose got it all and it looks brand new in there. The big clumps were hard to get through the hose at first until I realized I could pinch the opening of the hose to make it circular, which allowed the clumps to fly through. Even the sound was satisfying. I will be vacuuming under my fridge next. No dying in a fire for me.” —Bee92
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in five colors).