30 Cheap And Top-Rated Skincare Products That Are Popular For A Reason
Pimple patches, dark spot correctors, and more affordable skincare products with rave reviews.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Bio-Oil helps alleviate acne scars, stretch marks, and smooths uneven areas. Its non-greasy formula contains vitamins A and E to help moisturize your face. Because it can help with a myriad of skincare annoyances, it's like a fairy godmother for your daily skincare routine. ✨
It has 8,760 positive reviews and a 4.6-star rating!
Promising review: "I love this oil. It's not greasy at all and after using it for two weeks I noticed my acne scars going away. Not only does it help with acne scars but acne in general. I could tell some pimples were forming on my face but after using the BioOil they went away in a couple days. Cheap and affordable! I love it!" —Camille
Get it from Amazon for $8.92+ (available in three sizes).
2. Sun Bum's SPF 50 Sunscreen easily rubs into your skin and acts as a shield against UVA/UVB rays. It's non-comedogenic, vegan, and and has a vitamin E-rich formula that'll provide additional moisture without feeling greasy.
This sunscreen has 2,350 positive reviews and a 4.8-rating!
Promising review: "I absolutely love this sunscreen! I am very pale and burn easily, so I have to put a ton on before I go out in the sun. It isn't greasy, or heavy. It goes on smooth and smells amazing! It's perfect coverage without feeling like you're wearing any. I love putting it on, even if I'm not going out in the sun because I love the smell of it. You will not be disappointed with this product." —Mel
Get it from Amazon for $12.79.
3. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream hydrates the most sensitive skin with its gentle, fragrance-free formula. Reviewers love it too (it has 4,932 positive reviews and a 4.8-rating!), because it absorbs quickly and contains ceramides that help strengthen the skin barrier and diminish dry areas.
Promising review: "This cream changed my life! I had been suffering with severe hormonal acne after weaning my baby, and it just wouldn’t go away! After a week of this miracle cream, my face cleared up significantly! It’s mild and absorbs quickly. It never irritated my skin and leaves your skin nice and soft. It's perfect to wear under makeup. I wear it in place of a moisturizer and won’t switch to anything else!" —Steveson
Get it from Amazon for $14.83.
4. e.l.f.'s Acne-Fighting Spot Gel ~hits the spot~ when it comes to treating stubborn breakouts. It's formulated with salicylic acid, tea tree oil, witch hazel, and aloe that work together to help minimize redness and alleviate facial acne.
It has more than 500 positive reviews and a 4.7-rating!
Promising review: "I have the terrible habit of picking at my face, I bought this product as a healthy alternative to that and I'm proud to say that its been over a week and no face picking! Just nice even skin! This spot gel starts working on pimples fast, I apply it every morning and night, my face feels and looks great :)" —Jonez
Get it from e.l.f. for $3.
5. Aria Starr Dead Sea Mud Mask draws out dirt, impurities, and dead skin, so your face can be free from pesky acne and blackheads. It's formulated with minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulphur, and zinc that'll exfoliate and deep-clean areas around your forehead, cheeks, and chin.
Reviewers also swear by this skincare treatment, which has 2,121 five-star reviews and a 4.4-rating!
Promising review: "I ordered this face mask right as I was finishing up finals week, as I always seem to break out from all the stress. I applied this mask with one of my silicone mask brushes and wow: I had visible results after the first use! I have combination skin and each time I've used this, my skin looks clearer and clearer and feels great. I usually wait until it's completely dry and then either rinse it off in the shower or rinse gently with a warm washcloth in circular motions. I've used this mask a few times now and I still have a lot of product left, which is also a plus because I hate buying a mask only to have to keep buying it over and over again." —Makayla Anfinson
Get it from Amazon for $12.95.
6. And these silicone facial applicator brushes help you apply face masks like a pro on self-care days. With soft bristles and a sturdy handle, you'll be *painting* masks and serums on your face without making a big mess.
They have 3,541 positive reviews and a 4.6-rating!
Promising review: "I no longer dread putting on my face products. I was using my fingers to apply the product to my face, it was so messy and it got in my nails too. When I came across these silicone brushes, I knew I had to have them. I use my facial products more often because I'm no longer worried about the annoying mess. The silicone brush is very flexible and spreads the product on my face nicely." —Amazon Customer
Get a set of two from Amazon for $3.78.
7. Honest Beauty's konjac sponge gently buffs your face, so you can achieve a more radiant complexion over time. This gentle tool, which is made with konjac root and pink koalin clay, can be used alone or with a cleanser if your skin needs a break from dryness and dullness.
It's recommended by 87% of reviewers *and* has a 4.4-rating!
Promising review: "I originally got this for myself, but my husband used it once, and now loves it. It was apparently a life-changing experience for him. He says it feels really nice on his beard and face, and makes his skin feel baby smooth. I guess I know what to put in his stocking this year." —Target Customer
Get it from Target for $6.99.
8. Glossier's Futuredew gets your skin ~glowing~ with nourishing oils (evening primrose, grape seed, jojoba, and rosehip oils) and botanical-based extracts. Rub a tiny bit onto your cheeks and forehead if your tired, dull complexion needs a little boost.
With a 4.3-rating and tons of positive reviews, this serum is great for anyone who wants a dewier, more radiant look and is easy to add to any skincare regimen.
Promising review: "The other day I stopped as I was passing a mirror and realized I was... glowing. Then I realized it must have been the fault of Futuredew, as I had never looked that good before and it was my first day wearing the serum. My skin is sparkling, and soft, and the glow shows through even after I apply makeup." —Glossier Customer
Get it from Glossier for $24.
9. Avarelle pimple patches suck up all the nasty gunk inside pesky zits. Thanks to a layer of tea tree leaf oil and calendula oil, your pimples will be covered and less accessible during the process. Plus, it'll be so satisfying to see all the pus drawn out by one of these babies!
These tiny patches have 6,987 positive reviews and a 4.2-rating! Plus, they're clear and designed to blend with your skin, so you can wear them on the go if needed!
Promising review: "I’ve tried so many brands of pimple spots, and these are hands-down the best on the market. I’m a performer at Walt Disney World, and a clear complexion is required. Last night, I put these on a few acne problems (a small cyst, a whitehead, and a pimple I shouldn’t have picked and has been a bump for about three weeks now). I just woke up and am writing this review in disbelief. They're flat! Gone! All of them! I could cry I’m so happy." —Caitlyn
Get a 40-pack from Amazon for $8.49.
10. AxV Beauty's face oil repairs the skin *and* soothes irritated areas on your cheeks, chin, and forehead. Jojoba oil, vitamin E, tea tree oil, and argan oil work together to boost hydration and combat stressed-out skin.
AxV Beauty is a Black-owned business founded by Asata Evans and Vic Rose.
Promising review: "I suffer from rosacea and it has not irritated my face at all. I have been using it consistently and it has provided the right amount of moisture to my face without leaving me greasy. Will definitely repurchase again!" —AxV Beauty Customer
Get it from AxV Beauty for $20+ (available in three sizes).
11. Healing Solutions Tea Tree Oil helps halts breakouts in their tracks, so you don't have to spend your free time treating stubborn acne. BTW, it's recommended that you dilute this formula with Healing Solution's Jojoba Oil or Sweet Almond Oil *before* applying it to your skin.
It has 3,276 positive reviews and a 4.5-rating!
Promising review: "This is a great product! I've been being using this the past two weeks to reduce acne and it really works! You can see the change from one day to another: it reduces the color and the bumpiness of your acne. At night I apply it directly to each one of the breakouts. It not only helps with the acne you have, but also helps preventing any more breakouts." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in four sizes).
12. Biossance's Squalane + Rose Vegan Lip Balm softens your chapped lips all year long. It contains Wakame algae, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid to get your kissers back in shape, especially when the seasons change.
13. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Acne Cleanser combats acne, yet is *still* gentle to use in the a.m. and p.m. Its medicated gel formula minimizes excess surface oil and helps clear acne breakouts at the same time. You'll get to treat your current acne and prevent future acne from popping up.
This cleanser, which has lots of positive reviews and a 4.6-rating, is oil-free, fragrance-free, and paraben-free. It's also allergy-tested and dermatologist-tested, so it'll be helpful for skin that's both acne-prone and sensitive.
Promising review: "When I was about 21, I switched to a birth control implant, and that thing wreaked havoc on my entire life. I suddenly had horrible cystic acne. Not only did it make me self-conscious and uncomfortable, but it was actually so painful — laying on my pillow hurt my face! Finally, I found La Roche-Posay's skincare products. Within four days, the inflammation decreased, the redness was fading, and my skin felt less dry. By two weeks, my skin was practically clear!" —LadyHawke
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
14. Acure's Brightening Facial Scrub multitasks by exfoliating dead skin cells, clearing impurities, *and* brightening your complexion. If you want your skin to glow like a lightbulb and you don't want to spend a lot on your regimen, this scrub will get the job done. 💡
Reviewers can't stop talking about this facial scrub, which has a 4.5-rating and more than 15,000 positive ratings!
Promising review: "I am in love with this facial scrub. I’ve had this for almost two weeks now and I love the way my skin is glowing! I have sensitive skin so I have to really be careful with the products I choose. Even after one use, you start to see a difference. It moisturizes, exfoliates, and leaves your skin smooth. I didn’t even need to apply a moisturizer afterwards! Definitely a must-have!" —Mizza C.
Get it from Amazon for $9.76.
15. And to continue the exfoliation, Beauty Strike's papaya and pineapple sheet mask exfoliates your face so you can get a glowing complexion and get rid of impurities at the same time. This skincare treat gently removes dry skin and brightens dull areas. Baby-soft skin on your next day off *is* possible.
Beauty Strike is a Black woman-owned business with a vegan-friendly beauty and skincare line. They're known for soothing cleansers, toners, and face masks that smell heavenly *and* help alleviate stressed-out skin.
Promising review: "I absolutely loved this sheet mask, it left my skin feeling so soft. I left it on for 10 minutes and washed off as soon as I felt my skin begin to tingle a little bit, and it didn't leave me irritated at all. My skin was glowing and clearer the very next morning!" —Beauty Strike Customer
Get it from Beauty Strike for $6+ (also available in a 5-pack).
16. CeraVe's Hydrating Face Wash cleanses and hydrates without stripping the protective skin barrier. If you're over other makeup removers drying or irritating your complexion, look no further: It provides a deep clean and keeps skin so smooth, thanks to three essential ceramides.
This gentle cleanser has a 4.7-rating and 52,727 positive reviews!
Promising review: "As someone who always felt like I needed to buy high-end and expensive skin care products, I wish I would have tried this long ago. Truly in my opinion, nothing beats this stuff. My acne-prone skin loves this moisturizing cleanser. My skin has never looked healthier. I suffer from acne breakouts with very dry surface skin, yet an oily T-zone. My skin looks better than it ever has. And my routine is cheaper than it’s ever been." —Blaike franklin
Get it from Amazon for $13.56+ (available in two sizes).
17. BodyGlide's Anti-Chafe Balm prevents skin rubbing issues, so you can comfortably wear sports bras, shorts, and compression leggings. This formula works to keep your pores unclogged and doesn't contain lanolin, mineral, or petroleum oils.
With a 4.6 rating and 3,871 positive reviews, this gentle formula is a top pick for anti-chafing skincare!
Promising review: "Holy sh*t! This product is amazing! I never thought I would be able to wear shorts, skirts, or dresses comfortably in warmer weather, until now! Typically within the first few minutes of walking around or doing anything in the hot and humid summers of Illinois, I want to die. I’ll wear long pants at any chance of long periods of walking, no matter how hot. Never. Again. It goes on like deodorant, has no scent, and is clear on the skin." —Bridget C. Shaw
Get it from Amazon for $8 (also available in a two-pack).
18. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Salicylic Acid Exfoliant takes care of pesky blackheads and simultaneously helps smooth your face. Packed with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid), it sloughs away dead skin cells and unclogs pores. Apply it after you cleanse and tone your face for a clearer complexion.
Promising review: "I’ve struggled with hyperpigmentation, acne scars that stay for years, and worst of all were the blackheads and large pores. I thought scrubbing with exfoliants was the key, but it actually made things worse and caused micro tears on my face. I have only been using this product two weeks and the changes I’ve seen in my skin have been amazing. I would recommend this product to anyone who is struggling with scarring, blackheads, and large pores. This does the trick!" —ACooper2
Get it from Amazon for $10+ (available in two sizes).
19. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask sucks out gunk from your pores, tackles stubborn acne, and gives your complexion a deep-clean. It's time to say goodbye to the colony of breakouts on your cheeks, chin, and forehead.
This product is the top best-seller in face masks on Amazon: it has 50,561 (yes, 50, 561!) positive reviews and a 4.6-rating!
Don't forget the apple cider vinegar you'll need for mixing!
Promising review: "This product is amazing. It's an official holy grail product of mine. I ideally use it once-a-week, and it feels as if angels themselves have taken the time to delicately renew my skin with the magical touch of their wings. Okay, but really. I wear foundation daily, have combination and sensitive skin, and require hypo-allergenic products. I truly feel this product is a part of how I maintain week after week breakout-free. I mix with equal parts water and vinegar and use the sensitive-skin time recommendation to avoid over-drying or any tenderness afterward, moisturize, and I'm good to go! I also find it works wonders as a spot treatment for the pimples that do happen to appear every-so-often. I love this stuff, use it often, and it still lasts forever. Literally the best mask I've ever used." —Lené P.
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in two sizes).
Check out our full video review of the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask.
20. Versed Skincare Baby Cheeks Hydrating Milk is a makeup remover, cleanser milk, *and* hydrating toner all in one. It removes stubborn foundation, impurities, and dirt from your face with a few applications. Use it before or after your daily skincare regimen.
Reviewers say this product is "game-changing," "super-hydrating," and gave it a 4.5-rating!
Promising review: "I have never used a cleanser/toner before and I am never going to go back. I have pretty sensitive dry skin that is prone to a lot of redness. I have been using this product every single night for just a little two weeks now and have noticed a drastic difference in the reduction of my redness. I even went to the store without any makeup or concealer on today! This is a fantastic product and I will buy it for the rest of my life." —Versed Skincare Customer
Get it from Versed Skincare for $17.99.
21. Holy Snails' Shark Sauce doubles up as a skin hydrator *and* brightener. This formula, which is shark-free and suitable for multiple skin types, was designed to combat dullness and hyperpigmentation. If you're experiencing dark spots or want to achieve a glowing complexion, this serum will help you cut your routine in half.
Holy Snails is a woman-owned company that sells handmade skincare goods inspired by K-Beauty. You'll find everything from serums to face oil to lip balms for your daily skincare routine.
Promising review: "I don't think I've ever used a product that gave me such immediate results! In two weeks I looked in the mirror and my acne scars looked lighter and less prominent and I felt like I only had to spot conceal when normally I'd use a medium/full coverage foundation. I'll continue repurchasing forever!" —Holy Snails Customer
Get it from Holy Snails for $9+ (available in two sizes).
22. Bioré's Deep Cleansing Pore Strips unclog pores and help remove impurities (think dirt and oil). Use them once a week to purify skin and say buh-bye to the blackhead colony on the bridge of your nose.
Promising review: "I am old enough to say that these original nose strips came out for the first time back when I was in my late teens, almost 20 years old. Won't discuss how old I am as of writing this. But I bought the 'original' because I loved them way back when and always was pleased with the product. Used it for the very first time since forever ago and they are still *great* and pull all that nasty-ness out of your pores in your nose. I didn't even have to look in the mirror at first to see the difference just rubbed my finger along my nose and it was wicked smooth. Looked in the mirror and everything in the pores were gone. I *love this product,* always have and I highly recommend this." —Amazon Customer
Get an 8-pack from Amazon for $5.88+ (also available in a 14-pack and 56-pack).
23. Admire My Skin's 2% Hydroquinone Dark Spot Corrector Remover helps boost brightness and reduce dark spots. Say hello to a clearer, smoother complexion after using this 2% hydroquinone, salicylic acid, and azelaic acid formula.
This serum has 24,554 positive reviews!
Promising review: "This stuff here is a lifesaver and miracle in a bottle. My face has been loaded with acne bumps, comedones that were in my skin for years, and dark spots that wouldn't go away. But this stuff here has brightened my marks, my acne has dried out, and 90% of my marks are gone. Give it a try." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $20.40.
24. Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask makes tackling clogged pores fun. Reviewers love this soothing mask, which foams up on your face *and* draws out dirt and oil from trouble zones. It contains charcoal powder extract, green tea, and pomegranate that'll also detox your skin and leave it squeaky clean.
A whopping 1,466 reviews say this skincare treat was "fun" and it received a 4.4-rating!
Promising review: "This mask is simply amazing. When I first opened it, I was a little disappointed by the size. Surely this isn't enough to last, but I soldiered on, applying little dabs with the convenient paddle. I discovered a little goes a VERY long way. I let it settle for five minutes and it began to bubble! I looked like a little gray pig — oink! Then I massaged with tepid water, rinsed well, and wow! My pores were unclogged and my skin was baby soft. I use products more expensive than this little jar, but it achieved and exceed those same results! So impressed. My skin is oily in my T-zone and super sensitive. This did not overly dry my skin or irritate at all!" —Sam l. Holloway
Get it from Amazon for $9.80.
25. This foot file requires one quick motion to slough away cracked, dead skin from your heels. You'll be ~walking on sunshine~ once you have super soft feet again (and you don't have to spend $$$ on a pedicure).
Dubbed a "cheese grater" and "miracle worker," by lots of reviewers, this skincare tool receives a 4.7 out of 5 rating!
Promising review: "Y'all got $8? Buy one of these. For a decade I thought smooth feet belonged only to wealthy weekly nail salon clientele but this little cheese grater has taken me from paltry peasant wench to a silky smooth 'show my feet in public' rich woman. Yes oh yes! My pile of feet scrapings on the floor took me two trips with the dustpan, and if I hadn't of stopped after I lacerated my hand, hell it probably would have taken three! So if any of you rough footed people out there are suffering from those 'summer shoes blues,' then buy it." —Jerni
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
26. Ebanel's Acne Drying Lotion lifts gross gunk out of blemishes, cysts, and zits and helps clarify your complexion (buh-bye irritation)! Apply this soothing formula before bed and wake up in the morning with fewer breakouts.
This drying lotion received 575 positive reviews and a 4.1-rating!
Promising review: "I love this product! I've been having some bad cystic acne breakouts and after five times of using this drying lotion over the last two weeks, the bumps and dark spots have improved a lot! The scent can be strong but I've gotten used to it already. It's amazing how the texture of my skin and the reduction of oil have changed to make my skin appear much cleaner." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
27. Glam Up's Facial Sheet Mask Set keeps your cheeks, forehead, and chin area super-soft and moisturized. Your thirsty skin will thank you for this affordable and effective skincare treatment.
This set comes with 12 face masks: shea butter, avocado, aloe, oatmeal, lemon, tomato, pomegranate, green tea, Japanese rice (sake), acai berry, tea tree, and peppermint. It's received 12,169 positive reviews *and* a 4.6-rating!
Promising review: "I love these masks. I have sensitive skin that's especially finicky when it comes to facial masks. These don't irritate my skin, and I actually saw a noticeable improvement after just a couple uses." —Emma Dean
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $10.80.
28. Handmade Heroes' Vegan Coconut Lip Scrub exfoliates dry skin from your lips and helps them stay moisturized thanks to avocado oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil.
More than 400 reviewers say they "love, love, love" this lip scrub and it has a 4.4-rating!
Promising review: "I stumbled upon the lip scrub from a BuzzFeed article about highly rated affordable Amazon beauty products. I am so glad I did! This little product is amazing! It has just the right amount of ingredients and the texture and consistency is perfect. A little bit does the trick and goes a long way. I just wish there was an option to buy a larger amount." —Marisol Harris
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
29. Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser gently cleanses dirt, impurities, and makeup from your face and will leave you with clearer skin, thanks to its pH-balanced formula. Stubborn foundation, concealer, and blush don't stand a chance.
This top-rated cleanser has an average 4.4-rating across 3,478 total reviews!
Promising review: "I’ve been on the hunt for a new cleanser for a while, and when I found out about this product through an influencer, I immediately bought it! It has a gorgeous texture, thick and milky, and a scent that I wasn’t sure about at first but grew to adore, kind of rosy. After using it for months and nearly at the end of my first bottle, I can confidently say that my skin looks the most even I can remember it looking!" —Glossier Customer
Get it from Glossier for $9+ (available in two sizes).