41 Cheap And Useful Products You Probably Won't Regret Buying
Anti-chafing bands, avocado slicers, and more affordable things that'll help make your day-to-day a little easier.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. The Spatty — a small, flexible spatula so great for scooping up the last bits of makeup from narrow containers. Don't let the end of your liquid concealer or foundation go to waste. Instead, you can use this tiny tool to get the most out of your cosmetics (and save some money in the long run).
Promising review: "OK, this is something I've been seeing on BuzzFeed's lists forever and thought seriously? It's a tiny spatula? So what? But my foundation got low and this was cheap and I was sick of seeing it listed, so I bought it. (Really showed them, right?) It arrived right as my current bottle was 'empty' and I purchased a new bottle because I had no faith that it would make a difference. How much makeup could be left on the sides of the bottle? Six weeks! Six! I continued to use the 'empty' foundation daily for six weeks with this tiny spatula! I just use drugstore cosmetics so a bottle is maybe $15 and I must have been tossing half of it before I got this! Imagine what you'll save on high end stuff! Easy to clean and disinfect." —S. Lytle
2. A set of jean button pins, because you're done dealing with waist gap issues. Just pin one of these babies onto your favorite pair of loose denim, loop the original button hole around the pin, and bam, problem-solved. They'll fit like a glove and you don't need to wear a belt again!
Promising review: "There are the best things ever. I have jeans that fit great but the waist is always too loose. So I saw these on TikTok, and I was so curious to see if they worked or not. But seriously you need to buy these buttons are great material and just the most useful things overall." —Alexa Botello
Get a set of 8 from Amazon for $6.99.
3. A portable canvas cupholder that'll carry your precious iced coffee while you're out and about. Just slide your cold drink into this small accessory and you can finally open doors and hold shopping bags without dropping anything.
Dreamy Daisy is a small business based in Washington, DC. You'll find so many cute handmade accessories, including canvas backpacks, spa headbands, and pins.
Promising review: "The product is super cute and fits cups perfectly!!! I bought this for my coworkers and now I need to order one for myself." — Etsy Customer
4. A drain clog remover tool to lift nightmarish gunks of hair from your bathroom drains. With a length of 19.7 inches, this baby fits down most sink and tub pipes and has claws that'll latch onto stubborn debris. You'll enjoy watching this little ~snake~ slide down and seamlessly remove wads of hair that may have caused a blockage.
Promising review: "I slipped the plastic strip down my shower drain and literally five seconds later, I was pulling up gobs and gobs and gobs of hair. I saved my prize hairball on the shower floor to show my husband because I knew he would be as skeptical as I was. It's a grisly, messy, smelly, and oh-so-rewarding job." —Amazon Customer
Get a 6-pack from Amazon for $5.
5. Car seat headrest hooks for shopping bags and purses that always fall over when you're driving. Don't have a lot of room? No worries, because these hooks will turn your small vehicle into an efficient storage hub (and prevent you from piling everything onto the backseat).
Promising review: "What I love about this book is that I can put it on my passenger seat and put my pocket book up on the hook. No more pocketbook falling all over the place and everything falling out of it. And if somebody sits in the passenger's seat I can just twist the hook around to the back of the seat, so I love it." —Dora Dougherty
Get a 4-pack from Amazon for $6.99+ (available in four colors).
6. And an adorable hanging diffuser to make your car smell like a relaxing spa (and not your recent drive-through order). Choose from a bunch of chill scents, like Amber + Vanilla and Beach Day, that'll help you unwind on a long commute or road trip.
Amber and Wood Co is a small business based in Indiana specializing in handcrafted aromatic products that are cruelty-free, nontoxic, and phthalate-free.
Promising review: "It’s very cute, I love the smell. I got lemongrass and sage. It’s a nice strong smell without be too overpowering. Fills my car. Cute packaging. Will order again in the future." —Etsy Customer
7. A cleaning paste that's popular on TikTok and will save you so much time — it'll tackle stubborn stains on your stove, bathroom sink, kitchen tiles, and more messy surfaces at home. No more scrubbing and wiping for hours.
This all-purpose and vegan paste is great for removing rust, hard water stains, grease, and more messes around home! To use, just apply it to a surface with a damp cloth, gently rub it in, rinse it off with water, and polish the area with a dry cloth.
Promising review: "Amazing product. No chemicals, no toxic odor. Shower wall hard water stains completely wiped out. I used other products on my 10-year-old oven door and it never came as clean. First try, I wiped on, wiped off. (Recommended at least five minutes.) Second try, I applied Pink and left it over night. Baked on grit was softened enough I could use a spoon to scrap. End result...BIG DIFFERENCE. By far the best versatile, nontoxic, and gentle abrasive product." —ap808
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
8. An anti-blister balm to prevent any oozing blisters and irritation. This stick goes smoothly over your toes and heels, whether you're wearing hiking sandals or athletic sneakers.
Promising review: "I love this product! Typically when I run more than two to three miles I get some hot spots, irritation, or a blister, and this made my whole run enjoyable! I got one of my best times during a 5K while using this product. I could focus on doing a great job rather than worrying about my feet." —A. Adams
Get it from Amazon for $8.
9. A few sheets of LED-dimming stickers because lights from your router, TV, and other devices are keeping you up at night. These small adhesives dim 50–80% of light from gadgets, so you can check if they're still working without an annoying glare. If you want your room to be darker, they'll help so much when it's time for bed.
If you prefer a super dark room rather than a semi-dark room, you can buy the full blackout edition that'll completely block out light from electronics.
Promising review: "This is the best thing you never knew you needed. I own a digital clock with the numbers displayed in red LED light, and every night I've blocked the light with a cover so it doesn't shine in my eyes as I sleep. Silly I know, but I like my room pitch black and cave-like. On a whim I bought this product. OH MY GOD! Game-changer!! For the first night EVER I didn't have to cover the clock display before I went to bed!! Also the product is easy to remove and doesn't leave a sticky residue at all, which can't be said for most tapes." —Amazon Customer
Get a sheet of over 100 dimming stickers (in multiple sizes and shapes) from Amazon for $4.99.
10. And comfy wax ear plugs that'll mold to the shape of your ear and block out unwanted noise, like street traffic and loud neighbors. Yes to *finally* getting some rest without interruptions!
Promising review: "Quite simply the best product I've found that reduces my partner's snoring to a level that allows me to wake up in the morning next to her and not in the second bedroom. I'd given up on ideas and was attempting to come to grips with a life of separation when I found these little gems, deciding 'what the heck' and with nothing to lose. They are inexpensive, comfortable, and effective. I can tell you with certainty that Macks earplugs work. Thanks Mack!" —Amazon Customer
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $3.96.
11. BPA-free produce bags, so you can save money on groceries and help your fresh produce last longer. Place fruits and veggies in these gallon-size bags, so you can extend their shelf life, minimize food waste, *and* spare yourself from expensive supermarket trips.
Here's how they work: As produce ripens, it naturally emits ethylene gas that leads to decomposition, aka your veggies and fruits quickly spoiling. These bags are designed to absorb ethylene gas and slow down this process, so you can enjoy fruits and veggies for a longer period of time!
Promising review: "I first found these types of bags in the produce section of my grocery store, and thought I would give them a try. They were truly amazing, and helped me keep my produce much fresher for a week or more. The bags I was able to purchase on Amazon are a bit larger, more able to handle celery and large heads of lettuce. They have really helped me avoid spoilage with my fresh produce. If I have a cut onion or red pepper in my bag, I put a damp paper towel over the cut end. This has helped keep the bag from becoming too wet inside." —Ann Shops Frequently
Get a 30-pack from Amazon for $8.99+ (also available in packs of 60 and 90).
12. Avarelle hydrocolloid pimple patches to suck up all the nasty gunk inside pesky zits. Thanks to a layer of tea tree leaf oil and calendula oil, your pimples will be covered and less accessible during the process.
Promising review: "I’ve tried so many brands of pimple spots, and these are hands-down the best on the market. I’m a performer at Walt Disney World, and a clear complexion is required. Last night, I put these on a few acne problems (a small cyst, a whitehead, and a pimple I shouldn’t have picked and has been a bump for about three weeks now). I just woke up and am writing this review in disbelief. They're flat! Gone! All of them! I could cry I’m so happy." —Caitlyn
Get a 40-pack from Amazon for $8.49.
13. Iridescent privacy film that'll fill your bathroom with mini rainbows when sunlight trickles in and give you some privacy. Your window will look like an iridescent piece of art *and* prevent your neighbors from peeping in while you shower or sit on the toilet.
Promising review: "I love this product! I live in an apartment complex and my bedroom window happens to be along one of the main walkways for the whole complex. This product looks so cute and it gives me me the privacy I needed. It was pretty easy to install and it can easily be removed if I need to relocate." —Melina
Get it from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in nine sizes).
14. A set of mesh laundry bags because it'll be a big help when you need to wash a lot of delicate pieces. This set comes with five different-sized bags, making it easy to get blouses and lingerie clean and protect 'em while they're spinning around in your washing machine.
Promising review: "Have you ever had a product that you never knew you needed it until you got it? This is one of those things. You think, 'I don't need laundry bags. It's just another waste of money.' But it's not if you have delicates or in my case: kids. I have a newborn and toddler who is normally good with using the bathroom but has her moments. What I like is I throw their small clothing in the small/medium bags and wash them with the grown-up clothes. It makes it *so much easier* to sort and put things away, I hate laundry. Oh and the quality of the product seems good." —Amazon Customer
Get a 5-pack from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in 12 sizes).
15. A jewelry cleaning pen with micro-fine cleansers that'll get your favorite rings sparkling again. No more dull diamonds or dirty scuffs on your fave baubles.
My colleague Heather Braga tried this cleaning pen and said: "This seemingly average little cleaning pen is filled with a high-performance formula that cleans jewelry like nothing I've ever experienced. It contains micro-fine cleansers, polishing agents, and a polymer that will make your gems so shiny they'll nearly blind you. I've used it on my diamond rings, but it also works wonders on my cubic zirconia earrings." Check out her review of the Connoisseurs 1050 Diamond Dazzle Stick.
Promising review: "My life has changed since I discovered this. I was previously using a toothbrush and found that it just wasn't getting all the gunk underneath my diamond. I have no idea what kind of magic is in this cleaning stick but my ring looks brand-new after cleaning. The bristles are soft and firm at the same time, allowing you to get all around the prongs and underneath the stone." —Ay
Get it from Amazon for $6.40.
16. A foot file so good at gently removing dead skin, you'll gasp at your newly soft heels that were once crusty, callused, and cracked. If you'd like your feet to be baby-soft again, this gentle tool can help you out!
Promising review: "This thing is pretty amazing. I was skeptical for sure, since I've tried all kinds of lotions, balms, and stone-based products, none of which helped my heels whatsoever. I've worn socks to bed for years, because if I don't the sheets hardly last a week before they have holes rubbed through them. My wife ordered this thing that looks like a mini cheese grater, LOL, and after two minutes — two minutes!! — of rubbing it on my heel, it's a complete 180. I never would've believed it until I tried it myself. This is well worth double what it costs." —LBK
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $21.99.
17. A cool pill-removing, pumice-esque stone that'll help revive the clothes you always wear. Just brush this baby across your fave sweatshirts or sweaters and say buh-bye to bad pilling. They'll look *almost* brand-new in no time.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Maitland Quitmeyer loves this little tool! She said: "Like many of you, I've been living in sweats and PJs during this almost-year of WFH full time. And it's made me revisit the state of some of my loungewear. Take for example, this college sweatshirt I wear all the time — as evidenced by the rather EXTENSIVE pilling all over it. So when I saw this pumice-esque sweater stone (it's made from upcycled car windshield glass — how cool is that?!), I decided it was worth the try. We've featured electric pill removers (mostly the fan-favorite Conair one) many times, and they really work. But sometimes you're looking for a little more detail or control — that's where this stone comes in handy. I was able to navigate around the contours of the logo on my sweatshirt with ease, removing pills using the corner or the entire flat bottom in a few quick strokes. It truly took no time at all — the sweatshirt was done in mere minutes." Read more of her Celsious Sweater Pill Remover review.
18. A Saucemoto Dip Clip so you can eat nuggets and fries without making a mess in the car. This baby easily clips onto a car vent and securely holds sauce containers and packets. The days of ketchup dripping into your lap when you drive are over.
Drive a compact, SUV, or pickup truck? No problem, because this dipper has a universal mount that moves and locks into 16 positions to accommodate different car vent sizes.
Promising review: "I got these for my mom as a stocking stuffer for Christmas and OMG, she absolutely loves them! I kind of got them as a gag since we are always teasing her about trying to hold the ketchup and dip her fries or nuggets while she's driving, but this little plastic holder made her SO happy, LOL. 😊 They work great for pretty much most sauce cups and it has a handy little attachment so that if the sauce comes in packets, you can pour it in there and still attach it to the air vent. My mom tells everyone who gets in her car about them and I will definitely purchase as a gift for more people!" —Summer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $10.95+ (available in three colors and in packs of four, six, and 10.)
19. A ball of slime putty for the nasty debris stuck inside your tech gadgets. If you've given up on giving your calculator or laptop the clean of a lifetime, this moldable material will lift up pet fur and food crumbs from keyboards and more.
Promising review: "I was skeptical at first. I was afraid my keyboard would be all gummed up with yellow slime! The opposite, it cleaned it as good as new. Got all those dog hairs between the keys! No smell lingering on the keyboard or my hands. No sign I even used it except a clean keyboard. Kind of fun to play with. LOL." —Billy
Get it from Amazon for $6.77.
20. Drawer organizers that'll spare you from the mountain of bras, undies, and socks in your dresser. This four-piece set contains medium and large cells with dividers, making it so dang easy to fold and stash clothes. Plus, you can arrange them in any order you want!
Promising review: "I bought these organizers for my socks and such, but three-quarters of them were used for my husband's sock drawers. They are not rigid, which helps with different sizes and thicknesses. Thank you so much for this product. It has made my life less stressful, being able to find what I need quickly and painlessly." —Patty H
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in two colors).
21. A peel-off liquid nail polish barrier so you can paint your nails with confidence and not worry about polish creeping into your cuticles. It's also helpful for nail art techniques, including stamping and splattering, that involve precise application. 💅
Ellison's Organics is a small business based in San Antonio, Texas. They sell cruelty-free and vegan nail polish and nail care essentials. If you're looking for new polish colors or need help with your technique, you'll find so many supplies for DIY manicures.
Promising review: "I’m still learning how to make sure I get all of the edges without getting the latex on my nail so I can paint them properly — but that’s me, not the product. I’m right-handed but I swear I was born with two left hands. It took me a few minutes to make sure I did a decent job, but once I put the polish on and pulled the latex off, I was so impressed! Overall, a great purchase." —Etsy Customer
22. A set of colorful pens for taking notes and doodling images. Keep 'em in your desk drawer and they'll be there for a virtual meeting or whenever you feel like getting a little creative. Each pen also has a fine point that'll make drawing or writing more seamless (goodbye bleeding).
23. A grooming brush so your shedding doggo can have a shiny, tangle-free coat all year long. Your fur baby gets to enjoy a little pampering while you, the happy pet parent, gets to keep the couch clean. It's a win-win situation. 🐶
Promising review: "The only negative with having a lab in your life is the shedding! It’s even more terrible during the transitional seasons. After reading other reviews, I decided to upgrade to this brush. So glad I did! I found basically another dog’s worth of hair and could have kept going! Now her coat is shiny and feels much nicer than before. If you or a loved one has a dog who sheds profusely, you need this in your life!" —B.W.
Get it from Amazon for $16.97.
24. A carpet spot remover spray to clean the nastiest stains on your colorfast carpet, rugs, and upholstery. It'll quickly get 'em out without rinsing and vacuuming, plus it doesn't leave a sticky residue behind! To use, apply it to stains, agitate with your fingers a little, and gently blot the messy area with an absorbent cloth. That's it!
Promising review: "I had terrible rust and oil stains all over the seats of my car when I bought it. I tried other cleaners to get it out, but they actually made the stains darker. I took it to the dealership to see if they could get it out and they flat out told me no, so I gave up and lived with it for almost five years. I tried this after it was recommended by a friend. I sprayed it on and literally watched the stain run right off my seat. It was amazing! I thought I was going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to replace the seats in my car because nothing else would work. This stuff really is awesome!" —Brittany
Get it from Amazon for $11.69.
25. A rainbow fidget toy that'll ~give you a hand~ when you need a little stress relief. It'll fit perfectly in your bag, desk drawer, or car glovebox and has a vibrant loop design for infinite play.
Check out Steel Lynx on Amazon Handmade for more fidget toys, necklaces, and keychains.
Promising review: "I love this fidget so much, I’ve only had it for one day and it has helped me with my dermatillomania and trich. It’s super bright and smooth, rolls easily, and it's a good size. Isn’t obnoxious like a big 'ole fidget cube and is virtually silent. I love that this is handmade, thank you so much for this little invention, it makes a big difference." —Amazon Customer
26. Pumice stones to get rid of gross toilet bowl rings and hard water stains in your sink. They'll seamlessly remove grime from bathroom surfaces when bleach and other potent cleaners can't get the job done.
Promising review: "This product is amazing! I’m not good about writing reviews but feel compelled to do my public service and let people know how great these pumice sticks are. I had a stubborn stain on the inside rim of the toilet bowl that I’ve spent countless hours, products, and dollars trying to remove. I was getting ready to buy a new toilet bowl because it bothered me so much. Alas, less than $10 later and less than five minutes of my time, the stain is completely gone and it looks like a brand-new toilet. This is a life hack I will definitely use to clean other things now and tell everyone I know about it." —Amazon Customer
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $8.95.
27. Reusable makeup remover pads so gentle, effective, and easy to clean, you'll forget about those disposable wipes in your bathroom cabinet. These babies will take off stubborn concealer, eyeshadow, and foundation *and* you can pop 'em in the washing machine after you're done using them.
Promising review: "I have used organic cotton face pads for decades, for toners, micellar water, makeup remover, etc. It always bothered me that I could not find a suitable solution to make this part of my personal care routine less wasteful. These are perfect. Super soft. The black side for mascara and lipstick is brilliant. I use them for everything and no longer throw away or compost all those cotton pads. They also wash easily in the provided mesh bag." —Amazon Customer
Get a 14-pack and a little laundry bag from Amazon for $12.97.
28. Miracle-Gro water storing crystals to prevent you from adding too little or too much water to your house plants. Once you add them to soil, they'll enlarge in size to absorb excess water and then release it, so your plant babies can drink up and stay healthy.
Promising review: "I have deck rail flower boxes and they get full sun most of the day. I filled in the drain holes to hold more water and added these to the soil. Both made a huge difference in the quality of life for the plants. They were and still are gorgeous even if I couldn't water every day. I do have to admit I used more per planter than the recommended amount." —Pattijwr
Get it from Amazon for $8.72+ (also available in a 2-pack).
29. Glow-in-the-dark running armbands, so you can stay safe during your a.m. or p.m. workouts. These bands easily slide onto your arms and help make you more visible when it's early in the morning or late at night.
Promising review: "I bought these because it's now too dark out to safely run without something making me visible. These do the trick really well. They've got elastic bands on them, so once you get them sized to your arm, they can just be slipped on and off. They're quite comfortable once you get them on, and they don't feel like they're going to fall off." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $12.99 (available in 10 colors).
30. A space-saving shower curtain that comes with plenty of pockets for shampoo, conditioners, and soap: time you spent using the side of your tub or window ledge for "storage" has officially concluded.
31. A set of cable clip organizers so great for all the e-clutter taking over your work space. They'll help organize multiple cables and cords and prevent them from getting tangled up. Peel and stick one of these self-adhesive clips on your desk and you won't have to see messy wires again.
You can use each clip for small *or* large cables and thanks to their sturdy design, it's easy to place and remove cords from them. These organization-friendly gems work well with multiple types of tech cords, including USB cables, HDMI cords, and phone charger cords.
Promising review: "These things are really easy to apply to any desk, and super convenient. I use a lot of electronics on my desk, and the wires often get tangled up. With these, I am able to organize all my wires." —Nafisa Rahman
Get a 6-pack from Amazon for $6.96.
32. A hand-painted bookshelf tracker bookmark that'll help you remember which page you stopped at during your last reading session. Then when you finish a novel, you can write down its title in one of the 50 spots on the front side. 📚
British Book Art is a small business where you can find reading goods and have your favorite Disney and Harry Potter characters painted on book pages!
Promising review: "I’ve been trying to get back into reading and the urge to fill this bookmark is really making me want to read! It’s so cute and I love how much space there is to fill. It came super quick too!" —Etsy Customer
33. An all-in-one avocado slicer because it divides, pits, *and* slices your avocados for you. This nifty gadget ~halves~ the time it'll take to get these fruits ready for guacamole and toast.
Promising review: "Of all the kitchen gadgets I own, we use this one the most! We eat an avocado almost every day, so I love that this does everything we need! It cuts it in half effortlessly, pulls the pit, and slices the good stuff. If you are eat avocados regularly, invest in this tool. It will save you so much time and effort compared to using several different things to get the job done. I've recommended this to several friends and they've all thanked me for it! As an added bonus I like that we can wash it in the dishwasher." —KmberlyB
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.