1. The Rejected Design
Some within the Chicago City Clerk’s office believe the hands are depicting a gang sign thrown by the Maniac Latin Disciples. City officials also believe the use of a heart as a central motif in the drawing, and the placement of the hands atop the heart like horns, also pointed toward images associated with the MLD.
2. The Insidious Gang Banger Holding His Subliminal Ode To Street Violence
“I came up with the idea of the heart because I feel that it’s to show love to our Chicago heroes. And the hands are the helping hands of Chicago,” said Pulgar’s mother of the two symbols that drew the strongest gang allegations. “And in no way, (shape or) form does anything in that picture have anything to do with gang affiliation, gang symbols.”
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has confessed to the shooting, Istanbul's governor said
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- The police report featuring Kim Kardashian West's first-hand account of the Paris robbery has been released.