1. This is a photo of Til, the cutest lil’ mutant you ever did see. It was taken yesterday at a German zoo, mere hours before Til was to hold a news conference announcing his adorableness to the world.
2. Here is another photo of Til, a rising star in the German mutant rabbit scene. Again, taken just yesterday and right before his entrance to the international stage.
The whole, sad story…if you must.
BERLIN (AP) — An earless baby bunny that was a rising star on Germany’s celebrity animal scene had his 15 minutes of fame brought to an abrupt end when he was accidentally stepped on by a television cameraman.
The fate of 17-day-old Til, a bunny with a genetic defect, was plastered across German newspapers on Thursday, the same day a small zoo in Saxony was to have presented him to the world at a press conference.
The cameraman told Bild newspaper he hadn’t seen Til, who had buried himself in hay, when he took the fateful step backward Wednesday.
Zoo director Uwe Dempewolf tells Spiegel magazine Til didn’t suffer: “It was a direct hit.”
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀