1. This perfect 1979 photo of Robin Williams doing exactly what he does best — making us smile.
2. This mega-throwback of a future US President Barack Obama graduating from high school in 1979.
3. The Terminator himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger, looking a bit on the scrawny side in middle school in 1958.
4. From way before Hollywood was obsessed with CGI — Steven Spielberg on the set of Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1980.
5. Charlie Chaplin stumbling upon a familiar face in 1929.
6. A young, brunette Marilyn Monroe posing in 1947, just before skyrocketing into a Hollywood legend.
7. This amazing picture of Muhammad Ali talking a suicidal man back from the ledge of a Los Angeles building in January 1981.
An officer had been with the man for three hours preventing him from jumping. Ali happened to be driving by the building and asked if he could be of any assistance. After talking to the man, Ali approached him, put his arm around him, and they walked into the building together.
8. This completely adorable photo of Jim Carrey making his daughter Jane smile in 1991.
9. RuPaul trying to calm Kurt Cobain’s daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, backstage at the 1993 MTV Video Music Awards.
10. A rare photo of the Silver Beetles, rocking out on the stage in 1960 — only months away from changing their name officially to The Beatles.
11. This 1986 picture of Michael Jordan’s momma giving him a big ol’ smooch that’ll hit you right in the feels.
12. This intense picture of Elvis Presley at boot camp after being drafted into the US Army in 1958.
13. A cheerful 3-year-old Jimi Hendrix posing for a photo on his dad Al’s lap in 1945.
14. A young Hillary Rodham Clinton as a Wellesley College senior in May1969.
15. Donald Trump kicking back in his Fifth Avenue Manhattan apartment in May 1976.
16. This incredible 1969 family portrait of NASA’s Apollo 11 astronauts with their wives, children, and the friend who made them famous — the moon!
Pictured are, at top, from left, astronaut Michael Collins, children Mike, Kate, and Ann, and his wife Pat; at left, astronaut Edwin Aldrin Jr, his wife Joan, and children Mike, Jan, and Andy; at right, astronaut Neil Armstrong and his wife Jan, and children Ricky and Mark.
17. Martin Luther King Jr. sitting quietly for a mug shot after his arrest in Montgomery, Alabama, for directing citywide boycotts of segregated buses in 1956.
18. This glorious photo of Rosa Parks sitting at the front of the bus in Montgomery, Alabama, after the Supreme Court ruled segregation illegal in 1956.
19. The beautiful chaos of Albert Einstein’s office, left quiet after his passing in 1955.
20. Steve Jobs doing his best to sell the Apple II computer at San Francisco’s West Coast Computer Faire in 1977.
21. This unfortunate photo of Bill Gates after taking a pie in the face while on a European speaking tour in Brussels.
22. A young Queen Elizabeth II, then only a princess, looking like a badass during her wartime military service in 1945.
23. This 1944 picture of John F. Kennedy after being awarded the Navy Marine Corps Medal for “extremely heroic conduct” when his PT boat was cut in two and sunk by a Japanese destroyer.
A junior lieutenant and skipper of the PT at the time of the action (August 1943), Lt. Kennedy swam through the shark-infested Solomon Islands waters to rescue members of his crew. Then the Naval officer and his men made their way to a tiny Island where they were hidden until another PT boat arrived to rescue the survivors.
24. Nelson Mandela as a young man, looking focused and determined in traditional Xhosa dress in 1961.
25. A young Bruce Lee trying on his best “bad guy” during an early TV appearance, circa 1965.
26. This adorable family portrait of Walt Disney, his wife Lillian, and their cute child, Mickey.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.