1) Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
2) Identify, pursue, and arrest suspects and perpetrators of criminal acts.
3) Record facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
4) Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
5) Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
6) Testify in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic and criminal cases.