4. “That room better be clean or you ain’t going outside!”
I never kept my room clean and my mother knew it, that is why she always gave me the ultimatum which was to either clean my room or I could not go outside and play with my friends. So of course, I threw majority of my stuff in my closet so I could go outside. It was my version of cleaning.
5. “You done lost your rabbit a** mind”
My mother would say this to me when I ” sassed her” or when I was ” trying to act grown.”
10. “You better beat the street the lights home. Don’t have me come looking for you.”
I remember not coming home one time before the streets light came on and my mom went looking for me.You know anytime your mom is looking for you, it is not a good thing. I contemplated whether to go home and get the life beat out of me or runaway. Well at least the welds on my body from the belt only last a couple of days.
12. ” Who do you think you are talking to? I am not one of your nappy headed friends.”
Minus being on the phone this is the look my mom would make. When I was a teen I had a very smart mouth so my mom would constantly have to put me back in check.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial took place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂