4. “That room better be clean or you ain’t going outside!”
I never kept my room clean and my mother knew it, that is why she always gave me the ultimatum which was to either clean my room or I could not go outside and play with my friends. So of course, I threw majority of my stuff in my closet so I could go outside. It was my version of cleaning.
5. “You done lost your rabbit a** mind”
My mother would say this to me when I ” sassed her” or when I was ” trying to act grown.”
10. “You better beat the street the lights home. Don’t have me come looking for you.”
I remember not coming home one time before the streets light came on and my mom went looking for me.You know anytime your mom is looking for you, it is not a good thing. I contemplated whether to go home and get the life beat out of me or runaway. Well at least the welds on my body from the belt only last a couple of days.
12. ” Who do you think you are talking to? I am not one of your nappy headed friends.”
Minus being on the phone this is the look my mom would make. When I was a teen I had a very smart mouth so my mom would constantly have to put me back in check.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝