1. Andrew Garfield as Sid Vicious
Yes, Gary Oldman still pretty much owns Sid Vicious after his powerhouse performance in Sid & Nancy back in 1986. But that was 26 years ago. If Marvel can get away with rebooting the Spiderman franchise after 5, then we’re already long overdue for another Sex Pistols movie.
Danny Boyle to direct.
2. Josh Gad as John Belushi
With credits that include The Daily Shows and the Book of Mormon, Josh Gad might be the only actor working today with both the musical and comedy chops needed to step into the ex-Blues Brothers’ formidable shoes.
Ruben Fleischer to direct.
3. Zach Galifianakis as Jerry Garcia
Two fat guys with beards, ok, I admit it, they just kind of look alike.
Whatever, everyone loves the Grateful Dead and everyone loves Zach Galifianakis, so why doesn’t Hollywood just get it together and make this one already?
Jason Reitman to direct.
4. Matt Smith as Nick Drake
An obvious choice when you consider the fact that, like Drake, Smith has a reputation as something of a rakish dandy (especially when compared to his Doctor Who predecessors) and isn’t afraid to tap into his sensitive side when the scene calls for it.
Gus Van Sant to direct.
5. Kate Mara as Janis Joplin
Unlike her sister, Rooney “Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” Mara, Kate has exactly the right kind of retor-glamour appeal you’d want when casting someone like the soulful Joplin.
Cameron Crowe to direct.
6. Ryan Gosling as John Lennon
Yes, I know we just had a John Lennon biopic (of sorts) with Sam Taylor-Wood’s Nowhere Boy, but c’mooon…Ryan Gosling!
Coen Brothers to direct.
7. Paul Dano as Elliott Smith
Beyond their looks, there is no denying that both Smith and Dano share a quiet contemplativeness that, in the hands of the right director, would probably make for a really good movie.
Paul Thomas Anderson to direct.
8. Andrew Lincoln as Joe Strummer
In case you didn’t know, Andrew Lincoln (a.k.a. “Rick” from The Walking Dead) is British, so would be the perfect candidate to play the famed Clash frontman.
Darren Aronofsky to direct.
9. Andre Royo (a.k.a. “Bubbles” from The Wire) as Bob Marley
Although he hasn’t quite found a role to equal the gravitas of The Wire since it ended in 2008, Royo would still make an excellent Bob Marley
David O. Russell to direct.
10. Jack White as Marc Bolan
Maybe an odd choice now. But back during his tenure in the White Stripes, some would say White’s stage-presence and personal style was perfectly evocative of the T.Rex frontman.
Todd Haynes to direct.
11. Anthony Mackie as Tupac Shakur
Only if the Tupac hologram isn’t available.
Lee Daniels to direct.
12. Johnny Depp as Klaus Nomi
Ornate black and white costumes? Funny accents? Layer-upon-layer of white face make-up? I mean, who else are you going to call?
Tim Burton to direct (obvs.)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀