With all of the extra fees that airlines are charging, it is easy to understand why some travelers may feel that their wallets are being plundered. (Extra charges are even hard to stomach when they are for airline services that we actually want).
So we asked 1,000 travelers what they would be most willing to give up if it helped lower the price of their flight. Here are the bewildering results:
1. Baggage Movers
You have to schlep your stuff to the airport anyway, so why not take it one step further and drop off and pick up your luggage right at the plane? Who knows, maybe your gear will make it in one piece. Either way, at least you will know that your bag made the flight!
4. Restrooms and Emergency Equipment (tied)
In joint fourth place, folks are happy to cross their legs…and, in the case of an emergency, their fingers…
An equal number of Fly.com survey respondents opted to forego restrooms and in-flight safety equipment, such as oxygen masks and flotation devices.
I guess it makes sense that if you are prepared to get rid of air traffic controllers, why not also eliminate pilots and rely solely on autopilot technology.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀