1. Just because you go a long time without seeing someone, it doesn't mean you don't like them.
2. Sometimes, so much time goes by without talking to the person that it feels awkward to even initiate a conversation.
3. Oftentimes, if you see something that reminds you of the person, you want to reach out to tell them and to say that you miss them, but then you get caught up in other stuff and forget to do so later on.
4. Or you think it's not important enough to reach out about.
5. And sometimes you worry that sending them a "hey, how are you?" or "I miss you <3" might seem too routine.
6. But people have different ways of showing that they care about each other.
7. Even if you don't talk that often, affection doesn't fade from one day to the next.
8. Some people just aren't very good at keeping in touch.
9. Or maybe they're just too quiet or reserved.
10. But hey, sending a text to that friend who seems to have disappeared from your life, calling them out for having been so absent lately, can actually be really good for your friendship!
This post was translated from Portuguese.