20. Old Bear Stories
I had always thought Stephen Fry narrated this, turns out i was wrong.
1. 19. Defenders of the earth
It was good because it introduced the characters and their powers.
2. 18. Jonny Briggs
One of the few TV characters whose name was used as an insult.
3. 17. X-men
It introduced the characters, their powers and had a great tune.
4. 16. Supergran
‘She’ll do the things that you never saw your Granny do’. Good animated title sequence and catchy song by a young Billy Connelly. I seem to remember a guest appearance from George Best along with other celebs,
5. 15. The Flumps
Went on to be used in a tv ad, this is a prime example of how sometimes the simplest ideas can be the most effective.
6. 14. Cockleshell Bay
This opening sequence always made me want to live in cockleshell bay.
7. 13. Bravestar
He was a cowboy in space, his horse could talk and shoot guns and he could use the powers of various animals. Not only that but he also has a theme tune that gets stuck in your head.
8. 12. Grange Hill
I don’t know why a sausage bursting into the frame was exciting but it was.
9. 11. Bod
The thing about the bod title sequence was the fact that it could be easily replicated with your voice and a funny walk.
10. 10. Ulysses 31
He looked like a Bee Gee in space and his theme tune was catchy enough to have been one of their hits.
11. 9. The Mysterious Cities of Gold
I never saw all of this so cant tell you if they ever found the city of gold, but they did have a golden condor and a cracking theme tune.
12. 8. Around the World with Willy Fog
The cartoon was based on 80 days around the world and for some reason the characters would sing the theme tune whilst sat on modes of transport that didn’t fit them.
13. 7. He-man and the masters of the universe
Another one that nicely explains the plot and characters. At my school we used to sing, ‘I have the power to fart on a flower’.
14. 6. Dogtanian and the three Muskerhounds
One for all and all for one. A proper song and the intro was made up of clips from the series so was always exciting when you watched an episode and saw the clips in the actual programe
15. 5. Pigeon Street
The eyes of every character were always the same - even the pigeons.
16. 4. The Wombles
The beautiful song was accompanied by images of the wombles recycling with names of the people involved on the bits of rubbish.
17. 3. Thundercats
The great, exciting, over the top music was probably more dramatic than the actual show. ‘Thuder, Thunder, Thundercats Hoooooooooooooooooe’.
18. 2. Bagpuss
This title sequence brings forward a feeling of nostalgia like no other on this list, the narration was perfect as was the imagery.
19. 1. Jamie and the Magic Torch
Everything about this title sequence is just perfect; it introduces the characters, it has a superb song and above all else it creates a slightly scary atmosphere at the beginning and kids love to be scared. I have also enjoyed many years of singing it at anybody called Jamie (usually when drunk).
I am certain that there are some greats that i have missed or don’t even know about but i hope this brings back some memories.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰