Recently, Reddit-user emilou09 asked the community what meal they thought accurately represented their entire state because she wanted to try cooking it. (You can follow her food adventures here!) Here's exactly what the locals had to say about their state's cuisine:
1. Alabama: Smoked chicken with white sauce.
2. Alaska: Grilled salmon.
3. Arizona: Sonoran hotdogs.
4. Arkansas: Chocolate gravy and biscuits.
5. California: Street tacos.
6. Colorado: Green chili cheese fries.
7. Connecticut: New Haven style clam pizza.
8. Delaware: Scrapple, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich on a toasted pretzel bun.
9. Florida: Cuban sandwich
10. Georgia: Biscuits and gravy.
11. Hawaii: Pan fried slices of spam, steamed rice, and scrambled eggs.
12. Idaho: Elk steak with huckleberry compote, sautéed morel mushrooms, and roasted potatoes.
13. Illinois: Italian beef/sausage combo sandwich.
14. Indiana: Hoosier breaded pork tenderloin sandwich.
15. Iowa: Pork tenderloin.
16. Kansas: Chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes covered in white gravy.
17. Kentucky: Hot brown.
18. Louisiana: Gumbo.
19. Maine: Lobster bake.
20. Maryland: Crab feast with Old Bay Seasoning.
21. Massachusetts: Clam chowder.
22. Michigan: Pasties.
23. Minnesota: Tater tot hotdish.
24. Mississippi: Catfish with fries, hushpuppies, collard greens, and black eyed peas.
25. Missouri: BBQ burnt ends.
26. Montana: Bison burger.
27. Nebraska: Runza.
28. Nevada: Shrimp cocktail and prime rib.
29. New Hampshire: Blueberry pancakes with fresh maple syrup.
30. New Jersey: Taylor Ham, egg, and cheese on a bagel with salt, pepper, and ketchup.
31. New Mexico: Adovada.
32. New York: Garbage plate.
33. North Carolina: Pulled pork sandwich.
34. North Dakota: Fry bread tacos.
35. Ohio: Pierogies.
36. Oklahoma: Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, and sweet tea.
37. Oregon: A cedar plank grilled salmon with a marionberry or huckleberry glaze.
38. Pennsylvania: Cheesesteak.
39. Rhode Island: Clear clam chowder, clam cakes, and Narragansett beer.
40. South Carolina: She-crab soup.
41. South Dakota: Chislic.
42. Tennessee: Catfish.
43. Texas: Smoked brisket with white bread, white onion, and pickled jalapeños.
44. Utah: Beef stroganoff, funeral potatoes, and green beans.
45. Vermont: Apple grilled cheese.
46. Virginia: Virginia ham, flat green beans, and baked apples.
47. Washington: Cedar-planked teriyaki salmon.
48. West Virginia: Country fried steak.
49. Wisconsin: Beer brats.
50. Wyoming: Elk burger with potatoes and salad.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments!
Note: Responses have been edited for length/clarity.