1. The first time your glasses broke.
2. Or the first time you lost them and didn't know what to tell your parents.
3. And then getting scolded because you were irresponsible with your expensive glasses.
4. The nicknames... the damn nicknames.
5. Sitting in the back of the classroom and essentially just not understanding anything that was going on.
6. Never even having the option to cheat on tests.
7. Glasses and gym class never mixed.
8. And if it was dodge ball day, you were doomed.
9. Everyone loved the pool, except for you, of course.
10. You never appreciated how awful rainy days were until you started wearing glasses.
11. You love the idea of 3D movies, but you hate actually going to watch them.
12. And you have the same dilemma with sunglasses.
13. The worst was accidentally leaving your glasses at home.
14. You avoided taking your glasses off around other people because nobody could help but comment on your appearance without them.
15. ...or mock your appearance without them.
16. When all your friends insist on trying on your glasses then won't shut up about how blind you are.
17. Driving at night.
18. That awkward moment when someone waves from far away and you have no idea who they are.
19. On more than a couple occasions, your poor vision has led to some awkward encounters with people you don't know on the street.
20. Or approaching a dog to say hello just to discover that you're crouched down petting a towel.
21. Nighttime is especially hard on glasses wearers, because it's tough to tell if that shadow in the corner of your room is a homicidal maniac, a terrifying ghost, or just a sweater you hung up on your door earlier.
22. And sometimes you accidentally knock your glasses off your bedside table and have to spend all morning trying to feel where they ended up.
23. You can't drink anything hot without making an ass out of yourself.
24. You've always wondered what it'd be like to see in the shower or bath tub.
25. You can't even treat yourself to watching TV in bed.
Although, you put up with it, because you know you wouldn't be the same without glasses. They're a part of who you are.
This post was translated from Spanish.