3. This is Jenkins.
4. He likes to keep abreast of world affairs.
5. He has an abiding passion for early ’90s heartthrobs.
6. And he loves cardboard with every fiber of his furry little being.
7. For these, and many other reasons, I wanted to reward him for all his hard work and build him a proper home that is as big and beautiful as his heart.
8. Because this…is just not good enough.
9. Here’s how we did that…
10. First of all, you will need cardboard.
11. A LOT of cardboard.
13. We also bought some streamers, string, glue guns, box cutters, markers, Christmas lights, and enough duct tape to last a lifetime.
14. It’s also very important to have a complex and detailed architectural plan. This was ours.
15. Now we were ready to start building.
23. The skull portcullis, adorned with two scratching post poles, was lit up with terrifying red Christmas lights to warn off any unwelcome intruders.
24. And the fort was finally ready for Jenkins to move into.
25. He approved.
26. He began by exploring the basement of his throne room.
27. And inspecting the interior decorating and layout.
28. Then he moved upstairs to inspect the second floor.
29. And gaze out at his vast domain from the safety of his observation room.
30. He tested the firmness and resiliency of the cat beds.
31. He particularly enjoyed Fort Jenkins — the homey east wing of the building.
33. He also spent a lot of time patrolling his battlements.
35. Testing the sturdiness of the crenellations.
36. And exercising in his expansive courtyard.
37. And, after a long, hard day exploring and inspecting his home…
38. He finally called it a night.
39. It had taken us a full day of work, and a small fortune in cardboard…
40. But Jenkins loved his new home, and he finally had a place to live that was worthy of his majesty and grace.
42. At last, Jenkins has a home he can be proud of.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.