1. One piercing in your ears was plenty, anything more than that was completely unacceptable.
2. Coming home with a tattoo meant imminent death.
3. You spent a lot of time listening to your parents complain about how many taxes they're paying.
4. Your first name is very generic, because your parents look down on people with hippie names.
5. You weren't allowed to watch certain shows as a kid because of all the sex and cursing.
6. Your parents chaperoned the school dance.
7. And you were probably forced into a cotillion dance, if not a full-on debutante ball.
8. If you ever got in trouble at school, your parents would defend you TO THE DEATH.
9. Because the only person who was allowed to punish you was them.
10. Being vegan was a sin.
11. As meat, in general, came with every meal.
12. Whenever you debuted a "fun" style choice, this was your parents' reaction:
13. There was a general fear of hippies you were instilled with.
14. Not attending church was not an option, no matter how "sick" you claimed to be.
15. If the news was on, it was Fox News.
16. And if the radio was on, you were listening to this guy.
17. Manners were a big fucking deal.
18. So was cursing, in that you weren't allowed to do it.
19. July 4 was not just a holiday, but something you LIVED.
20. If you ever switched to being a liberal, they'd call it a "phase" and troll you for the rest of your life.
This phrase sound familiar? "Anyone under 30 who isn't a liberal doesn't have a heart. Anyone over 30 who isn't a conservative doesn't have a brain."