29 Amazing Things You Learn In Your Late Twenties
Breaking news: Forever 21 makes you extremely uncomfortable now.
1. The amount of excitement you get when you buy a new appliance is embarrassing.
My new Keurig is life, OK?
2. You never feel more accomplished than the moment when you replace a piece of Ikea furniture with something else.
I'll be back for the $1 ice cream cones though...
3. You've stopped shopping at Forever 21, because you feel awkward every time you walk in now.
4. You can still stay up all night, you just only do it when it's really worth it.
5. Without even realizing it, you've started to listen to all of that health advice you used to ignore.
6. And you've begrudgingly caved to adding in healthier foods now and again.
7. But now that you're in your late twenties, you care even less about what anyone has to say about what you eat.
8. You're less afraid of failure now, and more afraid of not trying new things.
9. And you've learned that you can't change people, but you can let the toxic ones go.
10. You know that just because you give zero fucks about what other people think of you, doesn't mean you're not a kind person.
11. You don't waste time on things you don't care about.
12. Horrifyingly enough, a lot of your parents' advice is starting to make sense now.
13. Instead of blaming everyone else, you've realized that you have a lot of control over your own life now.
14. And now that you've "matured," you feel like you can actually give sage advice to younger people now.
15. You've personally changed so much from who you were in your early twenties to now, that you know people can, in fact, change.
16. Everything you thought about dating in your early twenties was just so very terribly wrong.
17. You can no longer relate to youths, and you've accepted that now.
18. And you legit cannot handle early twentysomethings' bullshit on Facebook.
19. Much to your dismay, acne does not go away when you get older, it just gets called "adult acne."
20. Hangovers? Oh, you get them, but now you know how to effectively treat them.
21. You're not afraid to quit a shitty job, because you know it won't get better if you stick it out.
22. Being productive on the weekends > sleeping in.
Sleeping in still happens, but mostly you're down for the getting shit done kinda weekend.
23. You're not into sharing each and every one of your moves on social media, and you judge others who do.
24. You're not afraid to splurge on yourself, because you work hard enough now that you've earned it.
25. Half of the friends you had in your twenties are gone, and that's actually a good thing.
26. And you've learned that in order to keep the important friends, you have to make quality time with them.
Friend nights are life.