3. Whose right-fielder has an arm that would make Tom Emanski’s palms sweat.
And that’s Josh Reddick.
4. And who celebrates like this.
7. The 2013 Oakland A’s are a team whose rotted barn of a stadium can make overflowed sewage a national story.
Just another day at the Coliseum. Sewage mess still being cleaned up in A’s dugout
9. But that’s why you keep the garden hose nearby, for both cleanup and division title celebrations.
10. These A’s are a team that hazes rookies by dressing them up as superheroes and TV characters.
Thanks to @JaneMLB, Sonny Gray makes a good Robin. Sadly, no Batman.
Winner winner! Nate Freiman as Marge Simpson
13. These Oakland A’s are run by Billy Beane, who still resembles his 1999 self.
15. $2 Wednesdays are the best-kept secret in the Bay Area.
16. These A’s have won 90-plus games in back-to-back seasons and are poised to (maybe, finally, FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY) make their first World Series since 1990.
It’d be a great moment for their crazy hardcore fans and a validation for sabermetricians everywhere.
17. But even if it doesn’t happen (again!), they’ll be plenty fun to watch.
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.