1. Oakland outfielder Yoenis Cespedes put on quite a show to win the 2013 Home Run Derby at Citi Field on Monday night, slugging nine homers in the finals to defeat Washington’s Bryce Harper.
2. But for all his displays of prodigious prowess, the moment that will live on is Cespedes’ BAT FLIP OF ABSOLUTE VICTORY.
3. Does the bat ever come down? ONLY YO KNOWS.
4. The A’s slugger is the first Derby winner in history who won’t be playing in the All-Star Game, so good thing he brought his best bat tonight.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit could be a "turning point" in saving the planet. The talks in Paris include 196 countries 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›