1. Denver Broncos lineman Elvis Dumervil has made three Pro Bowls over six seasons and led the league in sacks in 2009.
2. He is also a bad, bad man. Just ask Tom Brady.
3. The only problem? Dumervil was slated to make $12 million this season and management wanted him to take a pay cut. Dumervil agreed to take $8 million, rather than risk being released.
4. All Dumervil’s agent had to do was fax the proper paperwork to the Broncos, who would have until 4 p.m. to get the agreement to the league office.
5. And, of course, the 4 p.m. deadline had to be met. The two sides agreed to the pay cut at 3:25 p.m.
8. Here’s ESPN’s explanation of the whole sordid tale.
9. The bottom line is that Dumervil is now a free agent who can sign with whomever he wants. Maybe Oakland is his next stop.
10. Perhaps it’ll be Pittsburgh.
11. Minnesota could definitely use him.
12. Our pick? Well, what Tom Brady wants, Tom Brady gets.
- Donald Trump says he's going to Mexico on Wednesday to meet with the country's president before the candidate's speech about immigration.