1. In a recent interview, John Green talked about the “epically terrible” ending he originally wrote for The Fault in Our Stars.
Here’s the breakdown Green shared with Nat Wolff (who plays Isaac in the movie) standing by: “[After Augustus dies], Hazel and Van Houten decide that they want to honor Augustus by finding a way to die in a sacrificial way that reflects something about who he was, and so they decide they were going to find a drug lord and kill him even though they themselves will die in a hail of bullets from all of the security around the drug lord.”
3. Thankfully he eventually wrote the (heartbreaking) ending we all know and love.
4. Watch the whole thing here:
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.