Here's What You Should Eat For Dinner Tonight
An easy five-step plan for your most successul Thursday night ever.
Today sucked. Why? Because it's not Friday and because it's almost the end of September and how did that even happen. So you probably need pasta. But also don't want to eat super unhealthy and then feel like shit and by the end of dinner be like WHYYY DID I EAT THAT.
You you will need:
-Whole wheat pasta
-Almonds or some nuts you like
-Olive oil, salt, and pepper
And here is what you should do:
1. Roast sprouts. Cut like three handfuls of Brussels sprouts in half or even in smaller pieces if you want, drizzle them with olive oil, sprinkle on a spoonful of kosher salt, and roast them on a baking sheet in a 400°F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until you test one and it tastes like how you want it to taste.
2. Toast nuts. Meanwhile, put a large handful of chopped nuts — slivered almonds or just regular chopped almonds or basically any nuts — in a saute pan over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. After the first minute, toss them around every once and a while so they don't burn. Take them out of the pan when they turn golden brown and smell good.
3. Boil pasta. At the same time, cook some pasta — whole wheat if that's how you're feeling — in boiling salted water until it's al dente.
4. Mix in a bowl and add cheese. Combine the cooked pasta, roasted sprouts, toasted almonds, and a bunch of grated Parmesan. You can also add lemon zest.
5. Drink wine and watch television. Make yourself a slightly-too-big bowl of all of this. Pour a glass of wine, obviously. Turn on the television, leave your phone in another room. Do not think about work, not school, not the Impending Crises of Everything Everywhere, only the food and the television and how awesome you are for eating Brussels sprouts that you cooked yourself.