plastic zip bages
your favorite condiments, spices and seasonings.
4. Shape and pack up burger patties between sheets of wax paper the night before, too.
10. Pack extra set of the essentials.
Bring extra charcoal or an extra 1-lb tank of LP gas. You need two tongs (one for raw meat, one for everything else). Be sure one entire cooler is full of ice for drinks.
13. Bring a metal bucket for still-glowing coals and make sure your grill is extinguished properly.
It should be cool to the touch. Store your LP tank in the car in a secure and upright position. Get tips for dealing with flare ups here.
14. Turn a cooler into a warming oven using foil and hot bricks.
16. Consider wind direction when you position your grill.
If it’s a very windy day and you have a charcoal grill, be sure you bring a little extra charcoal because the wind can make it burn faster. Point the front leg of the kettle grill into the wind to minimize wind coming into the bottom vents. If you have a gas grill, turn the grill perpendicular to where the wind is coming from to minimize its effect on your food. Get more great windy-day grilling tips here.
20. Turn a case of beer into a toss-away drink cooler.
In lieu of a cooler, get a case of your favorite drinks, empty it and line it with two garbage bags (so it doesn’t leak), then put the drinks back in and add ice. Afterwards, put the whole thing in the trash. I always double the bag so I don’t have any leaks.”
23. Cook breakfast burritos on your grill using a skillet.
Your setup would look like this.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- An anti-establishment wave has prompted Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to resign after losing a constitutional referendum.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏